Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What are your hacking achievements ?

I do....and I also feel like the person asking the question is the local sheriff.

Trumpet-Eared Gentoo Freak
    poohsuntzu, Cybr1d,

No offence but this kinda attitude always seems to come from americans. Americans always find something doubtful if its asked done by a non-american and i'm damn proud not to be a member of the flock.
    I know people won't like what i say here, but this is the way non-americans are threated this way here.
    Also there are exceptions of course, so let's not consider those.

And no, I didn't think of the nra cause i am NOT an american and i do believe these discussions should be discussable on this board. I haven't seen a mod pm me or close the thread. They didn't even move it so it must be a right question to ask.

Why participate in a thread you don't believe in anyway ?

Cheers,
    Come and check out our wargame-site @ http://www.rootcontest.org
    We chat @ irc.smdc-network.org #lobby

I don't see anything wrong with this thread. If you wanna hide something just don't tell us about it

All it is really asking is what is some of the cool **** people have done

the beign of authority kurt_der_koenig's Avatar
    No offence but this kinda attitude always seems to come from americans.
    maybe. But you got to remember that most Americians don't travel beyond their little town and because of that most of us don't know how to cope or deal with different ideas that aren't from our little box. Understand tough thats not all of us. I didn't find your post stupid or anything! If anything its a good question to ask! Why do you think most of the people are here for? Security? maybe but I'll bet anybody here, it is also for the flip side!

just some thoughts

bis bald

poohsuntzu, Cybr1d,

No offence but this kinda attitude always seems to come from americans. Americans always find something doubtful if its asked done by a non-american and i'm damn proud not to be a member of the flock.
    I know people won't like what i say here, but this is the way non-americans are threated this way here.
    Also there are exceptions of course, so let's not consider those.

And no, I didn't think of the nra cause i am NOT an american and i do believe these discussions should be discussable on this board. I haven't seen a mod pm me or close the thread. They didn't even move it so it must be a right question to ask.

Why participate in a thread you don't believe in anyway ?

Cheers,

As far as I noticed, Pooh's post was refering to it as "Asking the Obvious" instead of doubting it...so relax, americans are not that bad...

I don't see what everybody has against the term "hack" . I mean , did you first see a computer and say to yourself , wow, I want to become a computer security expert or did you say I want to learn how to hack?
    -n6

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    I saw what they were capable of.
    And I thought "I want to be able to control these".

So for me it was option 1 -
    I want to become a computer security expert
    As for MY exploits ..............

Absolutely Bog all, nada, ziltch.
    But when I get one.
    Boy; am I gonna tell folks .........
    [unless it's 'how I learnt to hack Hotmail']
    so now I'm in my SIXTIES FFS
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

Actually my very first exploit was a candy vending machine at work . I'm going to copy paste from the other thread because I'm really not in the mood to rewrite it

I worked in a bank for about 3 years. We had this vending machine which sold chips/chocolate and all kinds of junk food. It was very old. Everything was 50 cent. You paid by putting 2 quarters on 2 slots, and then turning the knob and a spring would drop the item. THe quarters would drop when you turned the knob. I put tape on 2 quarters, so they wouldnt drop, and kept turning the knob until I got enough merchandise for the day ...I'd do it to get 2-3 bars of snickers, couple of milky ways, some M&M and chips...and never paid a penny . I abused that machine until I quit...so for roughly 7-8 months since I figured it out.

Now would that be a buffer overflow or some other type of exploit? I wonder what would happen if you tried to do one by putting in $5 in quarters.
    -n6

There's only 2 slots which will allow you to turn the knob. It wont let u put more than 50 cents.If you tried using 2 slugs, it might work too ...but why lose the sluggs when u can use em for something else ...just tape 2 quarters and you're all set.