Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Problem involving wireless

first i would try disabling windows feature that automatically connects it to wireless networks.
    second set the cards fragmentation threshold to 550
    third most people have cordless phones in their house. turn it of to see if it's causing the problem.

it was set to auto for the chan. but when I did it to 11 the signal strength was "Low" when put to 10 it went to "Good" but before when it was set to auto it had "Exelent" but we will see what happens the next few days.

And there is no "Threshold" option under the adaptor

Well got some good news and some bad.

Good: according to the IEEE802.11 CHANNELS assignment, your's is correct and mine is wrong.

Bad: But mine works.

(just trying to get a laugh because these things can be frustrating)

Anyway, just try some different freqs and see what happens.

cheers
    Connection refused, try again later.

JAsoN74185 just out of courosity what type of wireless card is it that your using that doesn't allow you to set the frag threshold?

well i looked into it and found out my cordless phone sends out "broadcasts" because there is 3 phones that connnect up to one station... and thats why I lose my connection but I CAN NOT find a freq. that the wireless and the phones dont interfer with! HELP

Did I mention
    Get a hold of Netstumbler and give it a run..
    run it on your clients and see what is happening to the incomming signals.. watching those 5 bars is not the best indicator..

And you may have to start thinking down TS thoughts.. Faulty router.. your symptoms are similar to probs I've had with some AP's.. netsumblers is a handy tool..

Cheers
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

I found one of the problems and fixed it.... now the only problem is the "interference" EVERY time a phone is picked up I lose connection... what do i do?

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Err... Stop picking up the phone????

Since the freqs are so close together there isn't much you can do but sacrifice one or the other... Which is more important?
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Well the problem is... my mom loves to talk and spazing on my mom when I lose a 99% download... doesnt help (TRUST ME!)
    So Idk what to do? I mean I can put my laptop RIGHT ON TOP of the router and it doesnt help so IDK

Btw i feel like braging so tell me what you think bout the specs of my laptop

Pen 4 3.2 Hyperthreaded 800FSB, 1 Gig ram, 128 MB Video Card (Radeon 9600), 15.5" Wide screen, Wireless Linksys card, nice sound card that can do 6.1 speakers... which I didnt know it did till now
    umm...............hmm wut else.... DVD+-RW Car adaptor and leather case for 2,000

what do you think?

JAsoN74185

Well I think you might want to consider using some Cat 5 with the router on some of the computers so the interference won't be an issue. There should be some ports in the back just for that purpose.

And as far as the laptop, sounds pretty good. However my little laptop is 5' 9" Brunette about 125 lbs, with nice video, sound, and hardware!

cheers
    Connection refused, try again later.