Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Problem involving wireless

lol nice ya I wired my whole house trust me I got enough Cat6 cable to go round town (I work for a high school so I get it for free)
    just wanted to be able to chill by the pool with my laptop... dont know if thats happening

now the only problem is the "interference" EVERY time a phone is picked up I lose connection... what do i do?
    With ADSL you should have a set of filters with the kit..
    One basicly marked for the ADSL modem then others for marked for the phones.. IF THESE ARE NOT INSTALLED THEN WHEN EVER SOME ONE PICKS UP A PHONE>>BYE BYE ADSL CONNECTION<< and the poor modem has to log on again.. THe phone ones HAVE to be installed on EVERY single Phone outlet in the house.. if you have missed one.. >>bye bye ADSL connection<< when ever someone uses that phone..

Also there are a number of site that list antenna mods for AP's (this would also include your wireless router) ..some are downright fugly.. but the gain/directivity improvement would make you a little happier.. give it a go...

and did ya try netstumbler? (solution or simple answer?)

Cheers
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

We dont have ADSL we have Road Runner, BUT I tired it... didnt get to far... right as I opened it, I lost connection. Tired messing around with it. Ill try some more later,