Thread: Problems with javascript?

Problems with javascript?

Hi everybody

I have been having a problem with I thinnk javascript. For some reason I cann't read any e-mails. When I sign into hotmail at the bottom of the left hand tool bar it says - done but the screen is blank. If I sign into e-mail through messanger it comes up with alll my e-mails but when I try to access any of them it comes up at the bottom left hand with javascript and a load of different letters. I cannn't sign into some things or look at things and it always seems to be something to do with javascript. I tried to do a system restore and that just loads and is a blank screen. HELP!!!!!!!!

Have you made any recent changes in the security settings
    for your browser?
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

the beign of authority kurt_der_koenig's Avatar
    celinepatricia::;

Calm down! First off are you using Internet Explorer? and did you check you cookie properties? I had a problem with this and stumped me only to find out that it was because of my settings! Hotmail uses alot of javascript, which sux so you may want to do several things.

what several things should I do?

okay I'm guessing that you have Internet explorer?! Since you didn't answer my question but all is well and tell me in your next post! Go into tools> internet options>privacy. There should be a vetical bar that is moveable, up and down. Move it down to medium, this should be safe! If its already like this tell me and I will tell you another way. But if not, then close all of your browsers and restart. Go to hotmail and see if it worked? And come back here to tell us if it did! Also do you have anti virus and/or a firewall, as that might be a problem also!

Have you tried checking your e-mail in different browsers to see if it was a browser issue?
    Space For Rent.. =]

yeah man, try firefox, I know it handles javascript better because it conforms to W3C standard.

yea! the only thing is that shes a one poster! She emailed me for help a couple times but the last one she didn't reply! oh well. Maybe I should take my email off ao!