Thread: IP searching...

IP searching...

just wondering...can i still view the IP of the user who's using a bnc shell accounts?if so, how? thanks..
    juicy`peanut

Elite Hacker
    I think you would have to have access to the machine with the bnc they are connecting through. Even then it might be hard to know cause there will probably be a lot of connections. AFAIK though, you can't get their real ip without access to the machine with the bnc on it. Peace.

I am not fully sure about the h3rt3c, the only reason I say, that is because, remember the php script that is floating aroudn that shows you your IP. Well, I know I have connected through a proxy, and still be shown my actual IP with that script.

Now what I am wondering is if the same thing will happen in that instance. I guess I will have to check and see.

I am still wondering if it would work to have a person's IP sent to you. I am thinking it wouldn't be that hard to code something like that into your code. I could do it with perl, though my PHP sucks, so I can't try with that.

Hmm.. does this server have CGI on?

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    It might help if you gave a little more detail regarding the specific situation....
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

It might help if you gave a little more detail regarding the specific situation....
    One instance of using BNC is when Im in the mIRC amd then Im using a shell account, the IP address is hidden e.g. juicypeanut.iamageek.com, is there anyway that I can look at the real IP the user is using?

thanks for the reply
    juicy`peanut

you could ping the address or are you looking for a solution in IRC
    [gloworange]find / -name \"*your_base*\" -exec chown us:us {} \\;[/gloworange] [glowpurple]Trust No One[/glowpurple][shadow] Use Hardened Gentoo [/shadow]
    CATAPULTAM HABEO. NISI PECUNIAM OMNEM MIHI DABIS, AD CAPUT TUUM SAXUM IMMANE MITTAM

Hey Hey,

I'm wondering if there is a language barrier here....

As best I understand the original question it is asking if you can determine the IP address of the actual machine the person is on if they connect using a BNC/Proxy.

Based on how djscribble read it and replied... I would assume he figured juicypeanut was asking how to find out the IP Address associated to a hostname

If djscribble interpretted it correctly, then the easiest answer would be /dns in mIRC or nslookup in Windows2k/XP/*nix.

If you are asking the first... then for all intents and purposes the answer is no.. As someone stated if you had access to the machine that the BNC was on... then yes.. you could determine the users actual IP address... Another way would be to post a website you have access to the logs of and hope the person clicks on the link....

The entire purpose of a BNC is to hide the persons IP Address... if there was a very simple way around that then no one would bother to use a BNC.... It's like hostname masking on an IRC server... it can be beaten... but not easily or without a great deal of time and effort...

Peace,
    HT