Problem with DLL file
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problem with DLL file

Problem with DLL file

Okay, I downloaded a game via BitTorrent, and tried to play the game. It said it couldn't run because it needed "mss32.dll". So I didn the obvious and googled it. I downloaded the DLL from dll-files.com. I put the file in SYSTEM32 and in the folder of the game. That didn't seem to work, so then I went into CMD and did regsvr32.

"DllRegisterServer entry point was not found."

Is this fixable? Do I need a new source or something?

Keeping The Balance CybertecOne's Avatar
    um, perhaps the fact that you downloaded a game (warez any chance?) is the problem? and that it hasnt been ripped correctly??

if this is legit downloadable game, perhaps you need to contact the source site and let them know its not working.... the other thing is it may have been corrupt during the download, so try downloading it again..

CTO
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
    - Albert Einstein

Maybe it's just in the wrong folder in the game, i would try and put the .dll file in every folder in the game and then try...

what game is it ? GTA ? Max payne ?
    StreetsCrack.com Join The Best Music Social Network Online. Music downloads, promotions, forums, profile, games etc...

Well, I downloaded the game about 5 times from diferrent sources, all with the same result. I put the dll in the main folder, that held all the other folders for the game.

Thanks for the input. I will try and put it in all the other folders and see what happens.

Ah... Here we go, the meat of the problem. Once I put it in all the folders I clicked on it and this was my result.

"The procedure entry point _AIL_register_3D_EOS_callback@8 could not be found in the dynamic link library mss32.dll."

I suppose that means I need to DL it again from somewhere else?

Well I just tried another source and got the same result.

the mss32.dll, looks like it's the Miles Sound System Library
    http://www.liutilities.com/products/...library/mss32/

My googleing let me to beleave you are trying to play a pirated version of GTA Vice City..

And to quote the answer to the same question posted on another board: Buy the game !
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

No, I'm playing Dungeon Siege. And I don't have the money to buy the game. So could someone that actually knows what they're talking about and can help me, I would appresiate it.

Owkay... Dungeon Seige, GTA VC.. whatever..

If you can't afford it, don't pirate it..
    It's not like it's life saving technology you can't afford.. just a dumb game..

So let me tell you, as a person that actualy knows about what I'm talking about..
    Soon bubba is gonna rape your virgin little A-hole in prisson, where you'll be all sad and lonley (well x-cept for bubba )..
    and no one is there to help you, cause you didn't read the faq b4 you joined AO..
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

Banned
    Before looking stupid...

Originally posted here by the_JinX
    the mss32.dll, looks like it's the Miles Sound System Library
    http://www.liutilities.com/products/...library/mss32/

My googleing let me to beleave you are trying to play a pirated version of GTA Vice City..

And to quote the answer to the same question posted on another board: Buy the game !
    After looking like a tard and guessing the wrong game...

Owkay... Dungeon Seige, GTA VC.. whatever..

If you can't afford it, don't pirate it..
    It's not like it's life saving technology you can't afford.. just a dumb game..

So let me tell you, as a person that actualy knows about what I'm talking about..
    Soon bubba is gonna rape your virgin little A-hole in prisson, where you'll be all sad and lonley (well x-cept for bubba )..
    and no one is there to help you, cause you didn't read the faq b4 you joined AO..
    It's funny that he didn't even say a single word about how warez isn't allowed here or anything like it in his first post.. he even tried to help the guy out with this problem by giving him a link to a site with an explanation on the file. I'm guessing Jinxy feels like he has to seem like the bigger man now and get the guy banned cause he got the best of him... gotta love that. =)

- dave