Thread: Prevx

AO French Antique News Whore

Protect your home and home office against the next Zero Day Internet Worm, Spyware Installation or Hacker attack.

An essential complement to existing signature based Anti Virus and Personal Firewall products, the Host Intrusion Prevention capabilities of Prevx Home are the only realistic defense against the latest breed of fast moving attacks.

Within the simple yet powerful user interface of Prevx Home reside multiple layers of dynamic security settings. These enable Prevx Home to catch and stop new, never before seen attacks at many points where they may attempt to compromise your machine.
    It's free!!! Check it out!

Link :
    Download :
    -Simon \"SDK\"

SDK You beat me to it, I've been trying it out for the last three weeks or so in an attempt to find the benefits of the system, it informs me that it has detected and prevented 25 intrusion attempts during that time in te areas of buffer overflow, both core and other services. I'm erring on the optomistic side of caution here and since it's free I'll continue to use it, I only hope I haven't spoken too soon and someone visits me without an advance warning.
    Up to now my verdict is it's worthwhile alongside a strong Firewall and good AV.

one annoying habbit it has is when your installing a windows update or something like that
    it'll bitch and moan about changes made to dll' kill it before you try updating anything imo.
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.

A lttle late, but here is another thread

As Noia stated it does bitch about programs being installed.