Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Building a computer

er0k
    heres one of my tuts on this, my first tut ever.. so it probably sucks now, haven't read it in a while, but it describes in plain english how to build a machine once you have the parts... http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=231871

Keeping The Balance CybertecOne's Avatar
    lol house. i think you need to check your diagram, a few things i can see are clearly definable (video/sound card) and probs like your FDD and HDD are swapped

nice tut also....
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
    - Albert Einstein

This one is awesome!
    http://arstechnica.com/guide/building/
    I built my own with the help of this guide.
    -n6

er0k
    Originally posted here by CybertecOne
    lol house. i think you need to check your diagram, a few things i can see are clearly definable (video/sound card) and probs like your FDD and HDD are swapped

nice tut also....
    haha yeah well you know, like i said, my first tut. I basically learned how to build one (vaguely) while writing it, over the course of a few days, i would put bits of info into a tut, and eventually it came out that atrocity.. err.. masterpiece :P

yeah though, its definitley got some errors, but at least i have learned enough to figure out it had errors since then

Keeping The Balance CybertecOne's Avatar
    yeah though, its definitley got some errors, but at least i have learned enough to figure out it had errors since then
    Thats exactly what we are all here for, well, most of us.... to learn and to keep learning

but i have to admit hardware is my forte and was really obvious to me ..

Have Fun
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
    - Albert Einstein

Can you guys tell me what you think of this stuff, and any suggestions you have? I'm not going to OC anything, so I'm not sure I'll need all the fans. I'm trying to cut down the price some too. Thanks.

Case
    Fan 1
    Fan 2
    Fan 3
    Fan 4
    GFK Card
    Motherboard
    Processor
    Harddrive
    RAM
    DVD-RW Drive
    Sound Card
    It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.

You may want to think of noise, lots of fans=lots of noise , A big fan that goes slower is quieter than a small fan that goes fast. A good solid case goes a long ways noise wise also. I have a similar system to what you are looking at i can tell you it will be very loud the way you have it. I changed to an Antec sonata case and that helped alot as it has a quiet powersupply a 120mm fan in the back and other wonders. I also replaced the stock cpu fan with super quiet one (I have 3 fans in the box, 1 on back, one on cpu, one on gfx card opposed to the 6 you propose).

--edit actually four, i forgot about the powersupply fan on mine
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
    The international ban against torturing prisoners of war does not necessarily apply to suspects detained in America\'s war on terror, Attorney General John Ashcroft told a Senate oversight committee
    -- true colors revealed, a brown shirt and jackboots

I have 4 fans there, not 6.

Man, that is one riced out looking case.. decent processor and etc but the case and fans have to be changed...

RICER!! =P

What should I change the fans to?

And I like the case.