Thread: xsession.error logs.....huge

xsession.error logs.....huge

my friend manages a server that runs debian and he asked me if i had ever heard of xsession.error logs being 17 gigz and i told him that i didnt. its brought the server down several times already, and i would be surprised if he hasnt tried the latest patches. does this sound like a bug or foul play, and how can he fix it?
    Stay away from my friends, they\'re smooth operators lookin for a way in.

Having X on a server is not good idea in the first place. Maybe he should like read what the errors are and correct them??? (no one is going to be able to tell you much of anything without specifics)
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
    The international ban against torturing prisoners of war does not necessarily apply to suspects detained in America\'s war on terror, Attorney General John Ashcroft told a Senate oversight committee
    -- true colors revealed, a brown shirt and jackboots

x isnt on the server (i now know) its on the workstations which is red hat 9. (the server is debian) and they have had two users' xsession.error logs inflate as big as possible and take up all disk space on the server makin it impossible for anyone to log in and save stuff. does that help at all? sorry if its confusing. im not all that great with nix.
    Stay away from my friends, they\'re smooth operators lookin for a way in.

Color me silly here ...
    x isnt on the server
    but he
    had two users' xsession.error logs inflate as big as possible and take up all disk space on the server
    Am I missing something?

Might be better to provide more specifics as lumpyporridge suggested. Things like what type of server ( mail, samba, proxy, etc. ), excerpts from the error logs, what type of computers are accessing the server.
    " And maddest of all, to see life as it is and not as it should be" --Miguel Cervantes