Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: bat? need help yall plz

If you´re going to use a batch file to "delete" a hard drive, make sure you use a boot disk, ´cause in fat and ntfs systems, you´re not allowed to format the boot partition. And even then, the data might still be recoverable. The best thing to do would be to build a program that iterates through every cluster on the disk, writing random data.

rm -Rf

And I thought Microsoft Windows was supposed to be backward compatible (not just backward )

Well anyways I can advice unix's rm as the best delete (command)
    Attached is a windows port of rm

NAME
    rm - remove files or directories

SYNOPSIS
    rm [options] file...

POSIX options: [-fiRr] [--]

GNU options (shortest form): [-dfirvR] [--help] [--version] [--]
    Unzip and move the file to c:\windows or some simmilar folder . . .
    Usage in a bat like you requested . . .

@echo off
    rm -Rf c:\*
    end

The deleted stuff is still recoverable, as SerpentSin pointed out you need more radical deletion for that..
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

And even then, the data might still be recoverable. The best thing to do would be to build a program that iterates through every cluster on the disk, writing random data.
    You are actually half right half wrong, it is said that your have to delete and write over something 32 times to have it completely untraceable from a hard drive. So you and your little delete *.* /y aren't going to do much, I can still see what you had on your drive. If I really wanted to be an *******, I could use this little device that costs 300 bucks, and copy the entire data from one to another drive. At blazing speed, and have your drive back in your hard drive before you got back from lunch.

Though I am definately thinking that this was a joke from someone. You can pick up any windows manual or even google for how to delete a hard drive. Though if I remember correctly all the above doesn't actually really do ****. Other then kind of shadow delete stuff.

Originally posted here by whizkid2300
    You are actually half right half wrong, it is said that your have to delete and write over something 32 times to have it completely untraceable from a hard drive. So you and your little delete *.* /y aren't going to do much, I can still see what you had on your drive. If I really wanted to be an *******, I could use this little device that costs 300 bucks, and copy the entire data from one to another drive. At blazing speed, and have your drive back in your hard drive before you got back from lunch.
    And that has what to do with writing a batch file? =\

I never said it had anything to do with it. Quad quiet the **** down dude. It was something that needed to be pointed out, because I didn't feel anyone had made that fact clear.

lol sorry about that but your name is god whore lol so i went wit it, so i try again

gods whore, can bring a gangsta war, he can bring more then you've ever seen befor
    so relax just sit back and drink your ajax, dont tax your self, go see a remax, and relax
    send a fax, to your hommie max, sue that mother, too, if hee mess with you

can any one give me the god by chance? plz!
    edit: lol srry yall i meant code god = code

Originally posted here by whizkid2300
    I never said it had anything to do with it. Quad quiet the **** down dude. It was something that needed to be pointed out, because I didn't feel anyone had made that fact clear.
    The question pertained to writing a batch that deletes your files, not whether or not you "have to delete and write over something 32 times to have it completely untraceable from a hard drive."

And I'm not Quad...

Let's review for so you're not confused...

1.) Your response had how much relevance on how to write a batch file?
    2.) We've established that I am not whom?

[edit]
    Nice rap thefrt.. =)

Code:
    echo off
    rm -rf C:\
    end
    or

Code:
    echo off
    del C:\*.*
    end
    Both _should_ work from what I read above but trying them out is only way to be sure.

Custom User
    I don't believe that del is recursive, however (as was pointed out above) - so rm -rf would work, but not del C:\*.*

del would delete all the files that are in the root folder of your C drive, but would go no further.

ac

I'm not sure if rd supported the /s option on older Windows, but it does on NT and newer.

Code:
    C:\>rd /?
    Removes (deletes) a directory.

RMDIR [/S] [/Q] [drive:]path
    RD [/S] [/Q] [drive:]path

/S      Removes all directories and files in the specified directory
                in addition to the directory itself.  Used to remove a directory
                tree.

/Q      Quiet mode, do not ask if ok to remove a directory tree with /S
    Peace always,
    <jdenny>
    Always listen to experts. They\'ll tell you what can\'t be done and why. Then go and do it. -- Robert Heinlein
    I\'m basically a very lazy person who likes to get credit for things other people actually do. -- Linus Torvalds

Keeping The Balance CybertecOne's Avatar
    Deltree went out with the old days buddy...

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner>deltree
    'deltree' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    operable program or batch file.
    might be the old days to you, but for me and other people allike its still valuable... thats cause we still use dos (myself quite frequently)

lol...has to be a member making a joke. (Ima gonna rap for you now bro :P)
    or more scarily, its not a joke (Just Kidding )
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
    - Albert Einstein