Thread: Regedit - Add multiple Values

Keeping The Balance CybertecOne's Avatar

Regedit - Add multiple Values

hi...

the format for adding a registry key through opening a file *.reg is:

REGEDIT4
    [HKEY_YADA]
    "string_name"="string_value"

but what i want to know is how can i add two keys with the one file??

i have tired duplicating this directly underneath (different values of course) leaving a space, removing the regedit4 bit with and without a space. and it only seems to add the one key in...

any ideas???

it just seems really strange to me, and that it should work the way i want it to.
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
    - Albert Einstein

Here's what a .reg file looks like when it's been exported from the registry - and it contains multiple values:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
    "QuickTime Task"="\"C:\\Program Files\\QuickTime\\qttask.exe\" -atboottime"
    "WinVNC"="\"C:\\Program Files\\RealVNC\\WinVNC\\WinVNC.exe\" -servicehelper"
    "TkBellExe"="\"C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\Real\\Update_OB\\realsched.exe\" -osboot"
    "DAEMON Tools-1033"="\"C:\\Program Files\\D-Tools\\daemon.exe\" -lang 1033"
    "McAfeeUpdaterUI"="\"C:\\Program Files\\Network Associates\\Common Framework\\UpdaterUI.exe\" /StartedFromRunKey"
    "CertReg"="C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\Gemplus\\CertReg\\certreg.exe"
    "NGServer"="C:\\Program Files\\Symantec\\Ghost\\ngserver.exe"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\OptionalComponents]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\OptionalComponents\IMAIL]
    "Installed"="1"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\OptionalComponents\MAPI]
    "NoChange"="1"
    "Installed"="1"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\OptionalComponents\MSFS]
    "Installed"="1"

Seems to put everything where it's supposed to on this machine (w2k)

Keeping The Balance CybertecOne's Avatar
    thanks, i just realised where i went wrong.

i was trying to put 2 keys in the same location, but was also trying to define the same location twice, making one entry void.

thanks, and now that i think of it i should have exported and learnt from that :shrugs:
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
    - Albert Einstein