Thread: just like AOL

just like AOL

just wondering...

since we can make our own acct in AOL and use it even if ur not in the US, can we also use another dial up account from the US e.g bellsouth, AT&T, or earthlink here in the Phils..you knw just like as we can do with AOL?

thanks...
    juicy`peanut

The Iceman Cometh
    You can, but I really wouldn't recommend it. The advantage to AOL (the only one, as far as I'm concerned) is that they have local access numbers across the world. Other US-based service providers don't even have local access numbers across the entire United States. While you can theoretically dial-up to a number in the US to access the Internet, I think that the phone charges alone are enough to deter anyone from even considering that option. I had SBC DSL for quite some time and they offered free dial-up numbers when I was away from my home so I could still get online. THe problem was, however, that all of the numbers were West Coast numbers, which means that if I was anywhere east of say Nevada or Arizona, I'd have to pay the phone charges to dial-up to an out-of-state number. I thought *that* was expensive. Can you imagine what you'd pay if you dialed the US to access the Internet from the Phillipines?

AJ

...unless of course YOU're not paying for the phone charges
    Dyn/Gnosis ~ Powerful/Knowledge
    www.Dyngnosis.com
    Tutorials - Site Penetration Logs - (TheCommunity)Forums - Toolss

Talking

no of course not im just gonna look for fresh cards online to do it
    juicy`peanut

Just West of Beantown, though nobody from Beantown actually calls it "Beantown."
    Originally posted here by juicypeanut
    no of course not im just gonna look for fresh cards online to do it

and this will accomplish what???

Above ground, vertical, and exchanging gasses.
    Now you see me | Now you don't
    "Relax, Bender; It was just a dream. There's no such thing as two." ~ Fry
    sometimes my computer goes down on me

oh nothing...just kidding.. i dont wanna pay bills!

peace
    juicy`peanut

I am not sure if I understand your question..........

Over here you can have an account with an ISP and dial them toll free from anywhere......you just pay the monthly ISP charge.

Otherwise you can have a "free" account with the ISP and pay your Telco for the connection time......they then share the money out with the ISP

DSL is a monthly charge, but only works from your telephone line.................there are no usage/connection costs.

For wireless I just have to go to the local railway station...............it is a free public service