Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Exchange 2000 Problem

Originally posted here by RoadClosed
    email messages taking a long time to recieve is more likely related to the large list of badmail and extensive mail queing. It also indicates a lack of sufficient storage space somewhere in the setup. The messages are processed when the space is available. GFI even under large spam filtering isn't that much overhead unless the box is fairly old or there are wayyyy too many accounts services by the machine.
    Box isnt that old: Dell Poweredge 1.7 GHz machine with 1.5GB of ram and it only has about 10 users on the system. So it should not have choked. However the badmail problem could of been affecting it. It has had over 30GB of space on the partition where exchange is located for a while now. The main windows partition has 2GB free (which I plan to clean off this drive oneday)
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

Keep in mind that I have GFI Mail Security running for AV/malware protection, NOT GFI Mail Essentials, which is the anti-spam product (Thou I plan to order and install that soon).
    My Server is a Dell 1.0Gig Dual PIII (2500), not a heavy hitter at all and we see no slow down server 45 users. I run 4 teamed nics for internal traffic, and 1 external for ISA.
    While your bad mail folder was bad, mine was worse, as I said in my PM. If you are/were having that kind of a delay, something more the GFI is going on.

Cheers!
    ~ I'm NOT insane! I've just been in a bad mood for the last 30 years! ~ Somepeople are like Slinky's: Not good for anything, but the thought of pushing them down the stairs brings a smile to your face!

Originally posted here by MrCoffee
    Keep in mind that I have GFI Mail Security running for AV/malware protection, NOT GFI Mail Essentials, which is the anti-spam product (Thou I plan to order and install that soon).
    You were right. I had it confused. They had GFI MailEssentials on the server.
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)