Thread: Can't Win for Trying

Wink Can't Win for Trying

OK ladies. Here's your chance to defend yourselves. Hmmm... I wonder if this applies to She-males also........or girly men?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/3632674.stm
    A professor in the United Kingdom has discovered a new form of discrimination against women – ailing companies that hire them in an effort to get the firm back on track, the BBC reports.

Psychologist Alex Haslam of Exeter University has dubbed this form of subtle discrimination the “glass cliff” syndrome. He says the women are being parachuted into positions with a high risk of failure.

Haslam says that, given the choice between a male and a female candidate, companies were much more likely to choose the female candidate when the company was doing badly.
    The mentally handicaped are persecuted in this great country, and I say rightfully so! These people are NUTS!!!!

If this even is discrimination, its probably a subconscious one. I don't see any benefit for a CEO to hire women just because they're women when his company goes bad. My guess is that the companies researched all had males responsible for choosing employees. I wonder what the results will be when they research companies where women were responsible for hiring new staff.

This could also have something to do with men thinking with their "other" brain.
    Bleh.

Maybe there are a lot of "professors" with too much time on their hands
    and too much government research money. Now if they could invent the
    cure for athlete's foot or something...
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

er0k
    rcgreen >> nah, we need people to research pointless ****, thats how we come across things that aren't even imagineable. Such as early scientists, i can't imagine how mad they must have seemed to the "sane" people who didn't believe/understand.