Windows Server 2003 Logon Problems

Thread: Windows Server 2003 Logon Problems

Angry Windows Server 2003 Logon Problems

Okay, this is aggravating the hell out of me. I run Windows Server 2003 on my desktop. It's been doing great for quite a long while. Now, I was sitting there, watching TV with my TV Tuner...when it froze, as in no input was allowed. I couldn't move the mouse, type, or anything of the sort. So, being an avid Winblows user, I did a hard-reboot. Upon restarting, I wasn't allowed to log on...any ideas? I type in the password for Administrator (the only account I know of), and click okay. It logs on, says "Applying Your Settings", then logs off. The 'Applied Settings' go no further than my desktop background color...
    Why am I not allowed to logon, and how to I fix this?

A_T
    Geek isn't just a four-letter word; it's a six-figure income.

BANNED
    I don't know the answer to your question and hopefully someone else will but I just have a tip for you. Don't run as admin make a seperate user account for everyday use. I don't have any solid information. It may just be some myth I built into my brain and somebody around here will correct me if I'm wrong.
    When death sleeps it dreams of you...

Well the thing is, I'm learning about security (or the lack thereof) from this thing. I also install/uninstall apps constantly. So I need admin rights...to create user accounts and install apps and such. I've been told the same thing, but I just never really followed it....because sometimes, even if logged on as another username with admin privilages, I still can't do everything.
    Geek isn't just a four-letter word; it's a six-figure income.