Thread: win xp can't enter normal mode

win xp can't enter normal mode

im having a problem with my
    PC im using win xp pro
    and the problem is this i cant enter normal mode.
    This how it goes, first i turnes on the PC and then
    win xp pro logo appears then after you must choose from the
    different users, and after choosing a user it
    automatically log in but after a while or split seconds I THINK it logs off
    automatically.
    i tried to enter safemode (using F8) still i cant enter
    Guys help!! post pls. ASAP
    im need my files their badly...
    any post regarding this problem...

First what do you mean, you think it logs off? I am lost there, does it or does it not logoff?

I have never heard of anything like this, (Though, I don't use windows that much anymore.)

Worse thing, I am thinking is get your Win Xp disk and just do a system restore using the disk. I am pretty sure that you can do that.

Just out of curiousity, did you have your stuff backed up?

If you did, there is no problem what so ever. If you didn't it shouldn't be a problem, but might end up being one in the end.

Last question, How long ago did this problem start? Did you install anything new recently? What did you do to your computer to change your settings, or change the setup of your computer whatsoever?

Keeping The Balance CybertecOne's Avatar
    yea, you have lost me also. i think you need to re-explain things step by step on what happens.

sorry we cant help further??

are you using a friends computer to post here or the one with problems?? :?:
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
    - Albert Einstein

I too am slightly confused.

i tried to enter safemode (using F8) still i cant enter
    Do you mean that if you boot into safe mode it will not do a restart into normal mode

Or will it just cut off in safe mode as well.

It sounds very much like malware (blaster? sasser?)

If running "repair" from your installation disk and/or going back to a recovery point BEFORE you had the problem does not work, please let me know.

There is a way of stopping it shutting down so that you can get rid of the malware. At the command prompt line enter shutdown -a

If you get a message like: "Unable to abort the system shutdown because no shutdown was in progress" then it may well not be malware.

Remember, there are a number of hardware problems that show the same symptoms. (Overheating, RAM failure, power supply etc.)

Please post your answers and we will try to help.

Originally posted here by whizkid2300
    First what do you mean, you think it logs off? I am lost there, does it or does it not logoff?

I have never heard of anything like this, (Though, I don't use windows that much anymore.)

Worse thing, I am thinking is get your Win Xp disk and just do a system restore using the disk. I am pretty sure that you can do that.

Just out of curiousity, did you have your stuff backed up?

If you did, there is no problem what so ever. If you didn't it shouldn't be a problem, but might end up being one in the end.

Last question, How long ago did this problem start? Did you install anything new recently? What did you do to your computer to change your settings, or change the setup of your computer whatsoever?
    ok heres the history guys its quite, but it think its enough to give you a fine and complete details so you can give me a solution to this. thanks in advance.
    first im drivew a virus then i dedided to run an AV but seems couldnot delete all the virus i tried everything to delete this viruses. After a while the viruses is still in the drive i decided to enter in safmode in win xp but i couldnot enter safemode then I decided to delete the files manualyy in the command prompt.. And then still i decided to enter safemode agaoin after deleting the viruses but then suddenly still couldnot enter i the safemode. once i decided to run this command in the command prompt sfc /scan to now what happenning why i couldnot enter safemode then the files to needed had copied it still i couldnot enter safemode. If youre going to ask why i want to enter safemode I want to make sure that that thers no virus still remaining in the drive because personally i sacn viruses in safemode... but else is you know...
    Then one day i turnes it on and then it boots up but i couldnt enter in my personal settings. That i meant in logging off. I chose to enter as my personal icon (jin) but suddenly in entering it couldnot enter it goes again to the icons who to enter the desktop. thanks in advance..
    but IM THINKING TO REFORMAT THIS PC ANY SUGGESTIONS GUYS MY PROBLEM IS I DONT HAVE ANY BACKUPS, but have an extra pc with 2 NIC card i think ill just connect the two can anyone give me the color coding in this connection thanks guys.

Keeping The Balance CybertecOne's Avatar
    ok.
    theres a couple of things you have to learn , like paragraphs and also to Slow......Down......

secondly what kind of files did you delete?? just because the virus was in those files you deleted doesnt mean the computer needed them..

you should try to re-install (repair) your os and see if that helps.

if you dont have anything important on the pc, i think you should format and start again, being very careful with what you install. making sure to install your AV and adaware plus updating before you install anything.

please dont take this to offense, but others may agree, the way you explain things tends to suggest it would be more prudent to take your computer to a shop to get it repaired.

CTO
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
    - Albert Einstein

Hi there

Your English is much better than my Phillipino, if you are in doubt as to what to say, please try Spanish................I can just about handle that

However, I think that we are on course for success:

but have an extra pc
    Please take the hard drive out of the problem machine and connect it as a second hard drive to the machine that works. You will probably have to change the jumper switches to make it a "slave" or "cable select" drive.

I hope that you have an antivirus and firewall on the other machine..........if not please tell me, because we will have to fix that first.

With an updated anti-virus on the working machine, scan and clean the drive you have just attached.

Please let me know what happens

Adios compadre

When you connect your hard disk to other computer , just copy all important files that you need from infected hard drive in separate folder in your'extra' PC so that if they are clean you can have them after you format and reinstall your windows.
    Plus there is one thing you can do when you press F8, you can also select "Boot windows to last known working configuration" , then sometimes really works.
    It\'s all about sense of power.

try using the Resource CD (that came with your pc) to get back into windows from there do a system restore to an earliar time before you had the problem and that should take care of the problem.

thanks guys for the post
    GOD BLESS Always