ND-Dialer
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ND-Dialer

ND-Dialer

Question ? What is It ? And how do you get rid of it. Spybot can't eradicate this tenacious bugger.
    Johnson

Not familiar with the name, but it's obviously a dialer (program that dials out from your computer back to its owner or another location). Did Spybot not even detect it? Then consider:

1) Is Spybot up to date with latest definitions?
    2) If so, also try Lavasaft Adaware Personal SE. They work great together at picking up what the other misss.

Correction : NV-Dialer

NV-Dialer. My mistake.
    Johnson.

AntiOnline n00b
    hi,

Here

Or manual Removel Instructions here

Manual removal
    Please follow the instructions below if you would like to remove NVDialer manually. Please notice that you must follow the instructions very carefully and delete everything that is mentioned. In most cases the removal will fail if one single item is not deleted. If NVDialer remains on your system after stepping through the removal instructions, please double-check by stepping through them again.

1. Start the registry editor. This is done by clicking Start then Run. (The Run dialog will appear.) Type regedit and click OK. (The registry editor will open.)
    2. Delete 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Code Store Database \ Distribution Units \ {91413D86-9F27-402C-B5E3-DEBDD122C3B2}'
    3. Exit the registry editor.
    4. Restart your computer.
    --Good Luck--

NV-Dialer

NV-Dialer hijacks my start menu and disables internet and mail access. It also knocked out my Lavasoft Adaware. I'll try getting a new version. Thanks Angelic.

Looks like just the ticket. You may have just restored my piece of mind. Gracias.

I deleted the registry key, restarted and ran Spybot. Result ? Still 4 entries for NV-Dialer, Spybot figures it runs in memory at shutdown. Problem unsolved but thanks for input.

AntiOnline n00b
    Hi,

Try Running Spybot in Safe Mode.............Restart your Computer in Safe Mode and do a scan there.................And have you tried this

http://www.2-spyware.com/remove-nvdialer.html

--Good Luck--

Tried in safe mode more than once. This thing throws up lots of defenses when you try exterminating it. First on Spybot comes up NV Dialer- 4 entries then up to 52 others like Avenue D and Double Click. These are deleted over and over again except for NV-Dialer but all are replicated on the next run of Spybot. This is followed by a flurry of silver windows of gibberish with yes and no checkboxes.. so overwhelming (like pop-ups) that I have to manually shut down by pushing the off button. I also tried Bazooka, which says it will get rid of NV Dialer - but - Bazooka does not even recognize it as being on the computer.

So there's one piece of NV-Dialer still alive that's causing the respawning of malware...Have you tried tracking down where that troublesome little program is? Perhaps if you can, you can then manually remove it yourself...just a thought...sounds like you're in a bit of a pickle there. I've been having the same kinda problem with a nasty MyDoom infestation.