How long is it?
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How long is it?

Question How long is it?

I thought that would get your attention, nice title eh?

I have read several threads in the past few weeks that make reference to Banned users who have returned under new aliases. I am first going to congratulate these folks on there persistance and resourcefulness. I am curious though about how these users, and the rest of the AO community who have never been banned such as myself... feel about their return.

For those of us who have never been in this uncomfortable predicament:

Is it benificial to AO for these folks to again be lurking in our forums?

Should we ban these folks again as we learn of their return? Would it do any good? Or do you feel (as I do) that we should give them the opportunity to redeem themselves. Then neg the sh*t outa them if they screw up again?

For those of you whom this thread is in reference to: (you know who you are)

Do you plan to be a benefit to AO? Or are you back simply to cause more trouble?

Do you expect the entire community to welcome you back with open arms? Or just the "friends" you made here who have supported your antics in the past.

Please don't anyone take this the wrong way, I am simply curious as to what everyone here thinks about all of this, and am tired of reading between the lines in these forums. Don't let this thread become some infantile flamewar either, lets be intelligent adults, and by all means be nice.
    I have a question; are you the bug, or the windshield?

Custom User
    It does seem a bit dodgy when people have been banned for a "fair" reason, and then they come back and basically start spamming in order to get their post count up, and get given APs for no decent reason, and people allow it because they're old members.

But I guess that's what the AP system is for...there is no point in having it if APs are not each person's own views.

ac

aeallison, I am in agreement with you, and I will give anyone a second or third chance. After that it gets rather dicey if they get a full chance or not.

On the second or third chance, I will treat them the same as any newbie, but after that they are starting with 2 strikes against them, and the instant I see them step out of line, I will neg them with everything I've got.

Some of our returnies have made themselves into members of good standing, while others seem to have a hard time learning from past mistakes. I don't know of anyway to really be able to handle it in any other fashion.

If you or any one else can figure out a better way.....Please let me know.
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

Do you plan to be a benifit to AO?
    Benefit !

and then they come back and basically start spamming in order to get their post count up,
    As you can see by my post count, im not doing it ! And plus Negative has disabled my AP system, it's enabled now, i can assign greens but i don't think i can neg anyone ! Not sure !
    StreetsCrack.com Join The Best Music Social Network Online. Music downloads, promotions, forums, profile, games etc...

Banned
    And plus Negative has disabled my AP system, it's enabled now, i can assign greens but i don't think i can neg anyone ! Not sure !
    Ummm... what?

Umm i though you disabled my AP system ! Cuz i had over 200 AP's earlier and i assigned someone AP's and they showed up as Neutral (grey boxes) and yesterday i negged someone and the bar stayed the same, it wasn't even somewhat negative !....
    StreetsCrack.com Join The Best Music Social Network Online. Music downloads, promotions, forums, profile, games etc...

I don't really care a whole lot, except for those morons who keep making accounts just to troll. I think we should go beyond the AP system with them and send AO hitmen to their homes with shotguns...but that's just me.

Ya know, I have to wonder though -- I find it rather easy to stay outta trouble around here, I wonder why people have such a hard time getting banned repeatedly? Perhaps this merits a switch to decaf for some members?

Ya know, I have to wonder though -- I find it rather easy to stay outta trouble around here, I wonder why people have such a hard time getting banned repeatedly? Perhaps this merits a switch to decaf for some members?
    Me too....

Benefit

\Ben"e*fit\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Benefited; p. pr. & vb. n. Benefitting.] To be beneficial to; to do good to; to advantage; to advance in health or prosperity; to be useful to; to profit.
    To clarify to 妯py展ght....

Some of our returnies have made themselves into members of good standing, while others seem to have a hard time learning from past mistakes. I don't know of anyway to really be able to handle it in any other fashion.

If you or any one else can figure out a better way.....Please let me know.
    I agree that some have been a "Benefit". As for a better solution to a growing problem, I am working on that...

It does seem a bit dodgy when people have been banned for a "fair" reason, and then they come back and basically start spamming in order to get their post count up, and get given APs for no decent reason, and people allow it because they're old members.
    You have noticed this too I see....

This is starting to get interesting. Keep em coming guys and gals.
    I have a question; are you the bug, or the windshield?

I think we should go beyond the AP system with them and send AO hitmen to their homes with shotguns.
    i will support you on this request. Perhaps we can shot some active post whores senior members too?

Meu s癃io

FORMAT C: Yes ...Yes??? ...Nooooo!!! ^C ^C ^C ^C ^C
    If I die before I sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to encrypt.
    If I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to brake.

After you hit the 400 mark and 11 greenies, youre basicly allowed to post whore, to an certain point !