Thread: VBA Backdoor

VBA Backdoor

geez..it's been a year an a half since i posted...anything new round here??

Spent most of the time programming Access apps..(condolences can be sent directly to me)

A question from a colleague regarding the VBA Backdoor "feature" that abounds on the net in the guise of password recovery tools

He's concerned about hardening his app and is concerned that this "feature" will make his security precautions irrelevant

anyone know the specific mechanics of this "feature"....just another m$ exploit?...undocumented backdoor...or what...any ways to prevent it?

tia
    I used to be With IT. But then they changed what IT was. Now what I'm with isn't IT, and what's IT seems scary and weird." - Abe Simpson

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    You mean something like this
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

thanks for the google tip...never would of thought of that :P

i know it's available...i want to know if it's preventable...or at least the mechanics of how it works...
    I used to be With IT. But then they changed what IT was. Now what I'm with isn't IT, and what's IT seems scary and weird." - Abe Simpson