Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Windows Server 2003, creating a user remotely.

Keeping The Balance CybertecOne's Avatar
    try booting into safe mode and logging in as administrator, with the password you would have put on during the install. if you didnt put one on, there is no password...

??

if you are able to login safe mode, and then try with the account that wont work. you know, perhaps its not something malicious but M$ entirely.... XP has been registered properly etc??

i really dont know, it just a really odd thing. have you tried a repair?

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
    - Albert Einstein

i attempted a repair....now NTLDR is missing. so i have to mess with the recovery console and make some sort of attempt at restoring it. if not, then it's back to square one. thanks for all your replies.
    Geek isn't just a four-letter word; it's a six-figure income.

You can create users remotely as a domain admin.

You need the admin kit. You can either buy the book... or download the admin pack.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

After you load it, log in as a domain admin. Open up the active directory users and computers program from your administrator tools menu. Thats all there should be to it.

If you did not activate windows 2003, it will automatically log you off when you try to log on.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.