G-mail to creepy???

View Poll Results: In practice do you consider a unplanned/unexpected server reboot a security incident?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

5 29.41%
  • No

4 23.53%
  • Maybe....depends

8 47.06%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: G-mail to creepy???

G-mail to creepy???

I personally love my g-mail account. I've only had it for a few mounths but i'm using the crap outta it. I was personally proud of myself when I finally used 1% of my space on just e-mails.
    Well I have... Well maybe had by the time anyone reads this to invites to give out. I wanted to go back and give them to people who were really trying hard to get an account like I was awhile ago.
    When I search google for --> gmail <-- i found an interesting site that was against gmail and against google almost all together. So i wanted to share the site and get other people's input on the topics they bring up.

G-mail to creepy!

So let me know what you think and vote if gmail is good or bad.

Check your cookies....

You have a cookie from google that will last for 30ish years. It used to be used to track your searches and tie them to an IP, but now Google has the ability to take your email, your demographic information, and your search habits and sell them.

You cannot use Gmail without cookies enabled.

I don't use Gmail, but not for that reason. I bleed google search results. It's like 50% of the time spent on the box. So regardless, I will still use the big G.

King Arana: Super Moderator
    G-mail's fine to me (I don't care for all the hype though, I still use it like all my other e-mail addresses) but my only irk about it is the many threads in GCC concerning it
    Space For Rent.. =]

I love it . Seriously , who gives a damn if they tie your searches to an IP ... I happily exchange that for 1GB of e-mail storage. I especially love the context feature.
    -n6

Well first off I am sorry Soda_Popinsky if i'm adding to the masses but i do beleave you recieved your g-mail invite here. Anyways oddly enough I found an article exactly like my poll. So heres some more facts on the good, bad, and UGLY.

GMail - the good, the bad and the ugly

but my only irk about it is the many threads in GCC concerning it
    Maybe we can have a moderator merge those threads together to make one large "I have "x" gmail accounts to share" thread. Just my 2 cents.

As for g-mail I have ta agree with nirvanist6 on this one.
    I have a question; are you the bug, or the windshield?

King Arana: Super Moderator
    Yeah, seriously.. It's getting to be a bit annoying that half of GCC's topic's are G-Mail related.
    Space For Rent.. =]

Super Moderator: GMT Zone nihil's Avatar
    They don't send me welfare cheques through g-mail
    If you cannot do someone any good: don't do them any harm....
    As long as you did this to one of these, the least of my little ones............you did it unto Me.
    What profiteth a man if he gains the entire World at the expense of his immortal soul?

Banned
    They need to add a delete button in the inbox section... I'm sick of using the Move to Trash drop down menu ****.. its pissing me.. currently I'm using 43% of my space... you'd be suprised how quickly it goes once you have it.

albn
    I think GMail is over rated and what the hell am I gonna do with 1 GIG of spam? I'll send it your way.