Radeon 9600 Mobile

Thread: Radeon 9600 Mobile

Radeon 9600 Mobile

Hey I have a brand new laptop with the Radeon 9600 in it. Well i have the latest drivers but I cant get simple quake 3 to work says its missing opengl. Now i really dont picture Ati to leave out opengl in this video card so Im wondering if there is a tweak or something else I can download to get round this.

well, which OS are we talking about? i presume linux, but i would like to know for sure.

quake 3 should run easily on a radeon 9600 mobile, even ut2004 does.

here is a thread i once started on another forum. my problem was i needed to change the XF86Config file, and i guess you do too..

i have an nvidia card, but i guess you could use the readme from the nvidia driver too as a reference to change your XF85Config file...

ps you might want to check this link. perhaps it is explained here for you..

Well I solved the problem what it was that the resolution that it was set to (from my pervious computer) was higher then the resolution that the laptop could handle. (I just copyed the game instead of reinstalling it) took awhile but trial and error works