ASP vs PHP?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ASP vs PHP?

ASP vs PHP?

hello,

I am developing a web site www.funspot.com please guide me which is most secure and reliable ASP or PHP.

Thanks
    Laxy

hmm both of them are equal.. the security for a site depends on how u manage for people log in and log off if u want more secure, put a SSL mod to the hosting server.. btw, apache for php have free open_SSL 128 bit for secure connection.. hope this help..
    Lord Xavier,
    Cyberdelia Technologies,
    (Wholly owned by Cyberdelia Group).

This is like comparing Python to PERL. Well sort of. They both have their uses.

Sit down and begin to learn one, then stop and begin learning the other, go with the one which feels right to you.
    A mind full of questions has no room for answers

Both are Open source, But I would say PHP coz u get support for PHP more rather than ASP.

you also have a lot of applications in PHP to use.

Ninja Code Monkey
    Asp is not open source. And you get plenty of support for Asp out on the net.
    "When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes." - Erasmus
    "There is no programming language, no matter how structured, that will prevent programmers from writing bad programs." - L. Flon
    "Mischief my ass, you are an unethical moron." - chsh
    Blog of X

and by the way you get more support for php rather than asp/.

Ninja Code Monkey
    Biju, thank you for your useless points and even more useless opinion. I'm sure you've collected the statistics on the amount of support given to both languages and have that ready and on hand to support what you say as well as the hard data/references to back it up.

I'd say that they are fairly even support wise by both the creators and the communities involved. There is alot of example code available for both on the internet, forums dedicated to it's development, etc.
    "When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes." - Erasmus
    "There is no programming language, no matter how structured, that will prevent programmers from writing bad programs." - L. Flon
    Blog of X

Originally posted here by Juridian
    Biju, thank you for your useless points and even more useless opinion. I'm sure you've collected the statistics on the amount of support given to both languages and have that ready and on hand to support what you say as well as the hard data/references to back it up.

I'd say that they are fairly even support wise by both the creators and the communities involved. There is alot of example code available for both on the internet, forums dedicated to it's development, etc.
    Yes, What u now accept i agree to it, you should have said both have equal support, rather quoting ASP has more support.

Lets finish this battle here,

Regards

Biju

Ninja Code Monkey
    Originally posted here by Biju
    Yes, What u now accept i agree to it, you should have said both have equal support, rather quoting ASP has more support.

Lets finish this battle here,

Biju

Battle? I'm afraid if we were to battle you'd be the one legged man in the...

Seriously, I can understand if your english reading comprehension isn't quite there yet. It would appear that it is a second language to you (i hope) and that is cool. But I never said that ASP had more support out there than php, the actual text used in the post was 'Asp is not open source. And you get plenty of support for Asp out on the net.' which to me would mean that there is sufficient support for Asp on the net that you won't have any real issues picking it up.

If I were to say something like you are inferring...I'd phrase it more like 'php sucks, asp has more support and is a better platform overall for developing web applications'. I didn't say that though, thanks for playing.

I can handle meaningless points, but being retarded is where I draw the line. Thinking of a conversation on a message board as 'battle' definitely smacks of retarded.
    Blog of X