Access Programming Question

Thread: Access Programming Question

Access Programming Question

How can I set a query to copy itself into a word document or set a copied Access Result to change via input made into a word document?

Example:

Dear [Field 1] = Jones, Rodger

Your order of

[Field 2] | [Field 3] | [Field 4] | [Field 5] |
    [Item 1] | [Item 1] | [Item 1] | [Item 1] |
    [Item 2] | [Item 2] | [Item 2] | [Item 2] |
    [Item 3] | [Item 3] | [Item 3] | [Item 3] |

Has been shipped please allow 48 hours for more information.

Now if I change the name [Field 1] to Edwards, Alfred on the Word Document. I would like the order fields to adjust accordingly. I have done this before, I just can't remember how.

AntiOnline n00b
    Hi

Tools--> Mail Merge

The Mail Merge Feature of MS-Word ..........There are two parts one is the Data Source that can be a Access Database or Exel or word Doc and second is the main Page that can be linked to the Datasourse in a way that you want .........This feature is specifically built for needs like you to send a letter to various Customers where the actual letter body/ contents reamn the same only the Customer name and a few details are to be mearged..........i think you should check it out .....

Hope it helps a bit.

--Good Luck--

********** |ceWriterguy
    One of the really cool features in MS Office is datamerging. You can take a document made in any of them and just drag-drop it onto any of the office progs. It incorporates the document into whatever you're working on. Problem is that with a Word doc, dropped in Excel, it'll just open a HUGE cell at the bottom and put the entire doc into it. Excel to access is cool tho - divides each cell into a field, and records are divided by rows - ie row 1 has customer name, date we did the job, how much he paid - dropped in access record one would have item values accordingly. Row 2 would start record 2. Kinda fun to play round with.
    Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.

Which coder said that nobody could outcode Microsoft in their own OS? Write a bit and make a fortune!

I think my layout is incorrect, but here is the problem.

I set up a relationship between Table 1 and Table 2.
    Set up a query sharing 5 fields from Table 1 and 1 from Table 2.
    Shared at the level of Item Name.

I need to do a look up my buyer name and see all the items he/she ordered.

When I do this, I get a mixed list and not just items by name. Am I setting up my report wrong or is this caused by my relationship setup.