question !
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: question !

Question question !

When and how do we use exploits ? Atually i've heard alot about them and tried searchin for some tutorials about them, but didnot find any !
    I wanna know how they r executed and under what circumstances would they be ready for execution? Is a prog. lang. a "must" for the understandin of their use ?

much obliged !
    An Eye for An Eye Ends up makin the whole world blind . . .

Is it a must no and there is several diffrent kinds of vulnerabilities. Some sploits are C code some are perl some are web apps it just really depends IMO too broad a subject
    By the sacred **** of the sacred psychedelic tibetan yeti ....We\'ll smoke the chinese out
    The 20th century pharoes have the slaves demanding work
    http://muaythaiscotland.com/

We don't use exploits......We guard against exploits. If you wish to learn how exploits work, to help guard against them, then yes you should probably understand the programing that they are coded in.
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

Moxnix nailed it. We guard against exploit's, however to understand an exploit it's best to know the language it was coded in. And 90% of the time (IMO atleast I think) that language would be C.
    Space For Rent.. =]

Banned
    If you wish to learn how exploits work, to help guard against them, then yes you should probably understand the programing that they are coded in
    This comeing from a guy who claims he doesn't really even touch 'em...

A bit exaggerated. You will never learn how buffer overflows & things work with C or perl alone. Whats the point of learning C or perl, only to find you are limited to editing the source code of others without actually even knowing what a stack overflow is really all about... yet alone know what things like stack or heap allocation is in the first place. You'll never learn one dang thing about the programs you plan on exploiting... this is where grabing an assembler comes in.

mov EAX, 10 ;value 10 to the EAX register
    push EAX ;to stack

When and how do we use exploits
    I wanna know how they r executed and under what circumstances would they be ready for execution?
    Uhhh how cute.
    Whenever you want. Download, compile, run, & enjoy... shmuck.

An exploit is a general term for breaking something that wasn't meant to be broken... or similar.

It's not like you learn a specific exploit programming language or anything... exploits are written in whatever they need to be written in to exploit a vulnerability. If you have a binary, then it's not necessary in most cases to know how they are written. If you want to write an exploit, you need to know of a vulnerability in the first place.

I would suggest that you search for "Windows Vulnerabilities" and similar. As has been implied, you really need to understand vulnerability before you will be able to make much sense of an exploit.

The CERT site might be a good starting place, then browse some of the security updates that MS have issued and look at the detailed descriptions of the vulnerabilities that they are supposed to fix.

It is a very large subject so don't expect to understand the issues in five minutes

questoion!

Yep, as u've mentioned before guys, i've never put my hands on an exploit and that's y iam askin about them. And as nihil suggesed i should first start understandin vulnerabilities and then move on to the exploits part.
    If i have any further problem , ill let ya know..
    Thanks in advance ..
    An Eye for An Eye Ends up makin the whole world blind . . .

BANNED
    For a better understanding of exploitation go get:
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...glance&s=books
    When death sleeps it dreams of you...

Custom User
    I would agree with that. I just got that book (Hacking: the art of exploitation) and although I haven't read much of it yet, so far it seems good. It doesn't just whizz past all the detail and give you code, it attempts to explain the way that the computer works, and the way that memory is organised. I'm enjoying it so far.

[edit]Plus it's got a neat cover :P[/edit]

ac