web take over

Thread: web take over

Banned

web take over

well i am no security expert but open the following link in a new window

www.2famouslyrics.com/r/rishi-rich.html

well the problem here is that there is a java applet in this page which takes over the attention and we cannot go to the page

what my point is isn't there any security function in IE which can prevent such things from happening?

plz be patient and don't neg me for this

Mmmm, If you want something different, try use FireBird as your default web browser and turn off the Java permission. IE you can change it to "prompt/ disable" whenever webpages wants to run JAVA/ ASP code.

Hope that helps.

Hmmm,

I cannot get it to run, is it still there? This is using Mozilla and java is active. What java are you running in IE?

Have you tried disabling the version that MS supply and downloading the latest from the Sun Website.

If you are using the MS version of java, have you applied the patches?

Otherwise as moonlight has suggested try another browser (they are free)

just a few thoughts

Keeping The Balance CybertecOne's Avatar
    page looks fine for me.

perhaps its not the site, maybe you have spyware/adware on your computer??

have you scanned for any of these?
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
    - Albert Einstein

Banned
    no its still there an annoying pop up about games and it refuses to go
    i use IE 6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_2_rtm.040808-2158(what ever that means)and well the only thing which seems to help is ctrl+alt+del and end task

I can verify what yourdeadin is saying. On an SP2 fully updated IE, a popup window (system message) asks "To install the latest and best AT -Games update, click Yes". And on closing the box it reopens it self right up.

However, I don't see any java being loaded.

edit: Found it. Well, not the java, but the code in question.

Here is the offending javascript being loaded by the website:

http://www.addictivetechnologies.net...nfirmqrsfdx.js (it's safe to view direclty, no worries)

Which is activated by this bit of the source code:
    <script language="JavaScript" type="text/JavaScript"
    src="http://WWW.addictivetechnologies.net/dm0/js/Confirmqrsfdx.js"></script>

Banned
    well thanx,then thats it i guess

I am at the office, so am using IE at the moment. At home I use Linux/Firebird.

I get a warning that says "your settings prohibit Active-x ... blah blah" - then the java applet pops up.

At that point with IE, it basically locks my browser up. Task List > End Task and IE closes.

I am also prompted with a runtime error. If I choose to debug, or choose not to it makes no difference - IE still does nothing then locks up.

Installing java from the Sun site would probably remedy this -- however the average joe computer user will never do that.

It would be nice if IE were a bit more robust regarding some of this, but I can't fault them, as they are under constant attack being the most widely used browser.

I know of several companies however that have switched their employees to Firebird to help eliminate stuff like this.

- aftiel