Thread: Creative Blowout

Keeping The Balance CybertecOne's Avatar

Unhappy Creative Blowout

hey guys,

i was looking for ideas that could spark some creativity from me. HTML is something which i know, but often have to keep re-learning years later when its needed again. the problem i find is that i dont have any ideas to use my abilities. i dont know what to create, so i dont do anything and eventually forget certain elements. i dont have a use for a webpage so i dont create one.

i just want some ideas or even participation into something i can help with. even if its for nothing. it doesnt matter. i just need to create something to keep me from boredom... i just need something to practice on.

CTO
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
    - Albert Einstein

Create an online CV, blog, photo gallery its a great way to practice what your learning.
    [pong][gloworange]665[/gloworange] Next door to the [glowpurple]devil[/glowpurple][/pong]

CTO- I know what you mean.

I have taken several programming classes and I never know what to make. Anything that I've ever needed has already existed... Therefore... when I do have to program something... I have to whip out the books because I forgot a lot of what I had learned... I can read the code and figure out what is going on, but when I have to write it... I draw a blank. I guess its because I never have to program anything...

I started to learn perl where I can apply some of those scripts to my everday job.

I still have a ways to go... but I can think of tons of projects for that...

If you have no use for a webpage... (either do I) then learn something new that you will have a use for. Just because you've learned html doesn't mean you have to use it. Its nice to learn things even if you only use it once in a while (looking at the source of a webpage, etc).
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

Keeping The Balance CybertecOne's Avatar
    im glad to see im not the only person with that kind of problem.
    that online CV is a good idea, i already have one but i will do that....

my next venture was into python, then possibly c/c++ afterwards. dont know where im going from there.

Thanks guys
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
    - Albert Einstein

Learn Python VERY deeply... If you get a very good handle on it C will come easy... Learn to program very well in python then all you will have to do in C is learn some new syntax and add some more system calls and the memory allocation and all that stuff.
    [H]ard|OCP <--Best hardware/gaming news out there--|
    pwned.nl <--Gamers will love this one --|
    Light a man a fire and you\'ll keep him warm for a day, Light a man ON fire and you\'ll keep him warm the rest of his life.