problems with NAT and my webserver

Thread: problems with NAT and my webserver

Blast From the Past

problems with NAT and my webserver

oook i have my page going and my server configured correctly and i can only view it with http://localhost

thehorse13 said that my NAT is messing with it somehow and i was confused and he left before he could help further

i have a cabel modem with no NAT and a router with NAT enabled

cabelmodem>>router *belkin*>>simple ethernet switch *switch only no NAT*>>web server

i need to figure out how to get the outside world to see my webserver *apache 1.3.31*

i read a small tut that i found on google but it didnt really help me much other then that i found out that my NAT is sending out packets with NAT headers that is messing with stuff *thats if i translated what it said right*

also i have my comp set in the DMZ yet stilll no work

if anyone has any ideas please share

hex
    work it harder, make it better, do it faster, makes us stronger

Elite Hacker
    I think I have the same setup as you and I use port forwarding. There should be an option in your router's interface for it. Just have public requests to 80 forward to the private address of your machine on port 80. Also make sure your firewall is down or allows traffic on port 80. If that fails it could also be an issue with your ISP filtering port 80 incoming, in that case I would try a weird numbered high port like 8065 or something. Just see if it works then you will at least know if your ISP is filtering port 80 or if it's just a config error on your part. I hope this helps. Peace.

Blast From the Past
    yea config error on my part...i had something setup wrong in my router and my friend who knows belkins like the back of his hand came over and got it working...so now i have a working website

www.linuxisgod.tk
    work it harder, make it better, do it faster, makes us stronger