Thread: Genius HR6 USB problems!!! Need help!!

Genius HR6 USB problems!!! Need help!!

Hi ppl!

I have to say that before i came here i tried EVRYTHING that i could think of to try and install this scanner on XP Pro with SP1.

Iv downloaded the drivers from the site: Hr6a Hr6v2 Hr6x and nothing, non of them work!!!!!

The scanner it self is recognized by XP and i just point the folder were i have the Hr6 drivers and it installs it.
    The problem is with the Keyscan and scan utility, it always says: scanner not found iv tried Hr6 USB, Hr6, Hr6 V2 Hr6v2 USB, Hr6x, Hr6x USB i dont know what elso to do

The stupid thing of all, is that once before, with XP i can remember that it worked...i really need to put this to work today and i dont know what else to do.

I did what they said on one read-me file, Umplugged the USB cable, install the setup.exe first, restart the PC, insirt the USB cable, install the driver but nothing

Can anyone help me out?

Thanx alot!
    Owmen

Please ppl, its very important, i need help on this..!!!
    Owmen

********** |ceWriterguy
    There are certain devices that XP just doesn't like. sounds like you've got one of them. You've got my sympathy - had to replace a sound card on my old box when I first upgraded to XP...then it didn't like the monitor, so I had to replace it too...go figure. Sorry but that's all the help I have to offer - if it doesn't work no matter what ya try, get a different one.
    Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.

Which coder said that nobody could outcode Microsoft in their own OS? Write a bit and make a fortune!

Well..if thats the problem, i have a much cheeper solution, format, install 98SE and them Install XP in dual boot..better than spend euros...hum right now the budjet its kinda low.

I tough about just smash it but..

Thanx anyway!
    Owmen