Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ads Going Wild?

Originally posted here by moxnix
    Good Grief people.......is no one using their heads.

Your using a Kerio 4 Firewall (or something similar) and it is blocking the ads and logging their attempts.

Kind of simple when you think about it ..... isn't it?
    No firewall is installed on this system and those logs are Apache logs. The problem is that all those ads are pointed at my localhost server rather than their intended ad servers as people have suggested by telling to check the hosts file.. but that isn't the case..

those logs are Apache logs. The problem is that all those ads are pointed at my localhost server
    Perhaps then, a program on the Apache server is blocking them.....but your right, I don't see why they would target the server on 127.0.0.1, I was assuming it was targeting your pc .

edit> Do you run Proxomitron?
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

Lol.. no, its a standard Apache install, it's not that I mind not getting ads, but just to tell ya, 127.0.0.1 is my computer =P

[edit]
    No, I don't run any proxy nor Proximination or whatever you just posted. .

Attachment shows configuration for the Proxomitron for Firebird. Check yours and see if your not using a setting for a proxy by mistake.
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

Keeping The Balance CybertecOne's Avatar
    ok.

just to be clear what program are the logs from? apache. ok.

now, is it just me or does it have (local IP) -- "GET [file]"

doesnt that tend to suggest its a request FROM your computer not files TO your computer.?

just wondering.
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
    - Albert Einstein