Thread: Auto CAD Library

Talking Auto CAD Library

hi to all , am doing my ENGG ,and we have this subject called Auto CAD ,we need to do all this drawing stuff youi know like a screw , a wrench ,gear shaft and stuflike that , so i waqs trying to take the easy way out and want to know if any pre made drawing if present some where to help me in further improving my drawing .

tried googling it ,but it did not help. may be of of you is an engineer and too faced the same problem ,
    plz help!

AutoCAD has loads of libarys that you can insert things like screws, bolts and all the other bits you might need. I havent used AutoCAD for a year or so now so cant remember the paths to any of it, but i think theres a libarys think in the tool bar...

Thers absolutly loads on the internet about autoCAD, almost every uni that does mechanical engineering has some sort of basic tutorial on some CAD package, and autoCAD is very popular,

the whole point of your AutoCAD class is to teach you how to do this stuff, not for you to cheat and import stuff, the basic drawing tools will enable you to draw almost everything it just takes some thinking,

I recommend getting a basic AutoCAD book, I cant rememeber what a decent book is, try amazon.com, theres loads

good luck

i2c

well thanx for not lemme cheat but thats what i asked for , i need some auto cad files to see and get some more ideas as we have to give our exams in front of a lecturer and ina computer with no net or floppy drive, so no question of cheating.

i just need some sites which have a wide varity of library and a lot to use for inspiration and ideas too. in order to get a A grade you need to do something better than the rest

I wasnt accusing you of cheating, in the academic sense of the word.

I have to admit I looked on google and couldnt find allot, the file extension for autocad files is DXF? isnt it??? try entering something like this on google -

"mechanical drawing filetype:dxf"

or change the filetype if ive got it wrong,

why not pick something like a car you like and draw it? that would be a good exercise,

i2c

welll the autocad files are stored in *.dwg extenstion

really is there no library of autocad files on yhe net ,surprising nd yet dis appointing.