September 14th, 2004, 06:44 PM
Messenger inside terminal server
running wndows server 2003.
Here are the symptoms:
- Exchange messenger client works on local desktop but not in TS. (assumption: the IM server is fine, but IM client is not working)
- inside TS, a few people can log on to exchange IM but canít see each other, so looks like only one person at a time can use IM client in TS. (assumption: the IM client is fine, but somehow the settings are different from one user to another inside TS).
Here is whatís been done.
- uninstall and reinstall Exchange messenger client inside TS
- remove and recreate IM virtual server in Exchange
- create a dedicated virtual website for the IM virtual server
- uninstall IM feature in exchange, reinstall IM server feature, re-applied exchange 2k sp3 and post sp3 fixes.
None of them worked.
September 14th, 2004, 09:16 PM
ok an update, I am able to log in but it kicks me out after a second or so. The people who are logged in are seeing em sign on then sign off. any ideas are welcome, maybe im over looking something simple?