Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: batch help needed plz

batch help needed plz

i had a topic like this earlr plz don't flame me! can any one help me with this code?

@ echo off
    del C:\"WINDOWS\Desktop\New Folder"\Y
    end

Keeping The Balance CybertecOne's Avatar
    yes.

it should say:

del c:\windows\desktop\new folder /y

and you should have put this in the same post as before.

thats to delete a folder called 'new folder' on your dekstop, with '/y' means it will answer yes to any questions, like are you sure you want to delete read-only file "xxx.aaa"

CTO
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
    - Albert Einstein

it still doesnt owrk any ideas?

Code:
    @echo OFF
    rmdir c:\windows\desktop\newfol~1 /y
    You can't "del" a directory, you must remove it using rmdir, or possibly deltree if there are contents to the directory. Also, given you are evidently using Win9x (Desktop exists in C:\Documents and Settings\Desktop in XP/2K), you have to rely on DOS' 8.3 file naming convention.
    Chris Shepherd
    The Nelson-Shepherd cutoff: The point at which you realise someone is an idiot while trying to help them.
    \"Well as far as the spelling, I speak fluently both your native languages. Do you even can try spell mine ?\" -- Failed Insult
    Is your whole family retarded, or did they just catch it from you?

Yeah, you can't "del" a directory, you should try to use "deltree" for directory and del for "files"
    for example like this
    @echo off
    deltree c:\windows\desktop\newfol~1 /y (dos can read only 8 digits, whenever got spacing ot more characters will turn ~)
    del c:\windows\desktop\file.exe ( is for deleting files not folder, and you don't have to /y cause it don't ask u)
    I\'m interested to learn about hacking, in the
    good way and help IT to be 1 level further

thanks for all yo help could you plz tell (if possable) how i can make btach make a new btach with a command and save it in a like C:\windows

Banned
    If I understand correctly, you want a batch-file that makes another batch-file and possible places content in it?

Code:
    test.bat
    echo cls > c:\windows\test2.bat
    test.bat now makes a test2.bat in c:\windows and places the cls command in that batch-file.
    You could put whatever you want in test2.bat using test.bat.

well i would like it to make a seperate batch file with defernt commands XD

Banned
    That's what my "code" does... it makes a separate batch file... the commands you want in there are for you to figure out...

hmmm could you plz give me a example?