Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: this may be off topic

this may be off topic

Im, new to all this, im going to read the nebie guide tho these forums in just a minute, but before i get in to this, do i have to be a math guru, cause im not.. lol, Im in 1oth grade, at algebra 1 level.. so im learning all my math this year..
    is this a dream

Yes, you must be a master of math, a master of mathematical history, and a master of computers in general. If you're not one of those you might as well pack your **** and leave. We have a basic test to root out the idiots,

1+1 = x
    Solve for x.

LOL, no you don't....I'm a Senior and i'm bad in math, had a C last year ! You dont need to know anything at all actually, thats why you came here isn't it ! To learn !
    O.G at A.O

Keeping The Balance CybertecOne's Avatar
    Unfortunaly there are a few things the newbie FAQ etc doesnt cover, like to reasonable and mature members and others that just really dont have a clue sometimes.... *cough* God's Whore *cough*

AO is here for all who want to learn and share their knowledge. Welcome and enjoy. look forward to seeing you round to forums.

CTO
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
    - Albert Einstein

Yea same here Im a 10th grader also and taking Algebra 1. The funny thing is though....The stuff they are teaching i learned in like 7th grade.

Keeping The Balance CybertecOne's Avatar
    kryptonic,

lol, dont worry i thought the same (now years after) and its really a good memory jogger for whats to come in future years.

stick with it, maths is cool

CTO
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
    - Albert Einstein

MOST DEFF. Math is my fav class.

(also x = 2)
    I can do things like orders and other things of that nature
    i mean i just can whip out the pie chart and do all that off the top of my head.
    is this a dream

My greatest down fall is i cant use the mighty linux. lol, OF MY FAVIROTE, slackware. Because my router doesnt suport a driver. And linux abnt dotn work. lol.
    (linksys wirebless b PCI card WMP11 v4) sad....

If any one knew away around this, please tell me.
    is this a dream

Blast From the Past
    im a sophmor aswelll...im in geometry - A, and yes at the start of algebra1 its really really easy.....but stay on your toes...cause after winter break it gets complicated......but welcome to AO Sphynex
    work it harder, make it better, do it faster, makes us stronger

********** |ceWriterguy
    X = 10 >> we're computer folks here, remember?

welcome to AO, here is where we all learn exactly how much we *don't* know.
    Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.

Which coder said that nobody could outcode Microsoft in their own OS? Write a bit and make a fortune!