Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How important is your privacy on the net to you?

King Tutorial-ankhamun

How important is your privacy on the net to you?

Tiger Shark brought this topic to my attention in the following thead:
    http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=262055

When you create web pages or post on security related sites, how private are you with information like your real name and work location? I’ve never been that concerned because I did not think anyone would be interested enough to single me out for some kind of physical or digital harassment, but then again maybe I’m naive. Worse case likely scenario I see is some one messes with one of my boxes just to say he hacked the guy on Antionline named Irongeek. I’m not that well know so I don’t think many people would find that worth bragging about. Whatyou’re your thoughts on the mater? How private are you with information about yourself?

AO French Antique News Whore
    Nothing is private on the Internet.

Just looking at your post, I know your full name, where you live and your phone number. How? PM and I'll tell you!

Peoples will not hack you to have your private information, you gave and you will gave private information over the Internet.
    -Simon \"SDK\"

King Tutorial-ankhamun
    And if you look closer you can get my home/work address too, my point is what realistically should I worry about?

Perhaps you know All this Info from his Tutorial that He posted?

Regal Making Handler
    To answere the title of this thread i would have to say,"we are as private as we want to be". Or i should say, as private as our knowledge of personal security dictates.

It's a small world and the internet has made it even smaller.

Oh and by the way don't worry to much about Tiger Shark, his eyesight is failing. I bet he couldn't hit you from 6 hundred these days. 3 maybe
    What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad. - Dave Barry

King Tutorial-ankhamun
    Wish I could change the title now to "How important is your privacy on the net to you?" Thats more what I'm looking for. Can an Admin change the title for me?

Regal Making Handler
    No idea mate. PM Neg see if he can.

Edit

Had a better idea, ask him to close this thread then creat another

Edit end
    What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad. - Dave Barry

King Tutorial-ankhamun
    Oops, I just did the first. Either solution works by me.

I am not that private .. if someone asks me my name i will give it to them.. .if they ask me my address or phone number i wont .. if they can get it by other means tho .. good on em .. why they would try or want to i dunno .. im not a celebrity so i dont care much

noone would waste their time

AOs Resident Troll
    I like my privacy......

May be different because of my sex.....or I am just plain paranoid.

I use several email accounts\online identities...depending on who I want to be...also depends on the sites.

I did have another account with AO originally....but let it lapse (forgot the password)..but I recreated myself.

Thats what I like about the net.....you can be whoever you want be

You can sustain some amount of privacy... and as long as you keep your activities legit.

MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer