[System Process]:0 Help

Thread: [System Process]:0 Help

[System Process]:0 Help

I seem to have a strange process that I cannot query coming up while using TCPview and I have no idea what it is. When I start my computer (running win XP Pro) there are no connections initiated by [System Process]:0 but as time passes more and more begin appearing...the remote adress is some strange IP on a port that is above 6000 usually. I really have no idea what to make of it. NAV doesnt catch anything, online scan doesnt catch anything, AVG doesnt catch anything, and neither does spybotS&D.
    The connections are notmally in a TIME_WAIT stage but I have seen them connect. TCPview is unable to query or close them. No new processes show up using Process Explorer to claim them. Its very strange. Google was uninformative about [system process]:0
    Thanks for any help.

ERROR: No Keyboard Detected
    Press F1 to continue....

I've noticed this happening on my machines also. It normally happens when i end a program that has active connections. I know that bit torrent and other p2p has caused these on my machines. In TCPview you can always just left click and close the connection.

Maybe the original process sends some part of the handshake before it shutsdown, then the other end responds and it falls into a blank process. But that's just a guess on my part.
    You are so bored that you are reading my signature?

I think TCP connections can continue to exist in some waiting state after the process which created them has gone. so the connections just show up as being owned by pid 0, even though that isn't their true owner.