I browsed alot about linksys and didnt see anything.

Thread: I browsed alot about linksys and didnt see anything.

I browsed alot about linksys and didnt see anything.

I use a linksys wireless b router, wmp11 v4, (its a good router); But it only works on windows, and i didnt find this one out till.. um. 14 Days after i bought it. Which means i couldnt return it vause it had been um 14 days. lol. That was the limit.
    Now ive heard theres a way aroound all this to were i can actually get online.
    Now my pc is an old one, Literally. So i dont have much resources of the requirements, so i want to go with slack or freebsd. I used suse for non online purposes, not a bad os. BUT back to the point. What driver do i install to set up a driver or anything to were i can get online. Windows is a good OS, but linux better suits my needs.
    *If there is already an article on this in the forums im very sorry and if you can please direct me, but i ran a scan and didnt find anything.
    is this a dream

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Umm... is the wireless router called a WMP11 or the card? If it's the card, then you should be able to use the Prism drivers. If it's not double check the identifier. From what I see the WMP11 is the network card (aka NIC) not the router.

This forum discussion on using this card with FreeBSD might help.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

What are your hardware specifications?

If you have to use Windows, I would suggest Win98SE. That will work just fine on a PI/133MHz or better.

Is this your only computer?

I know this is not a direct answer to your question, but you seem to have a pre-conceived "solution" and I am wondering if there might not be an alternative.

Cheers

I have a gateway, 128 mb ram, 9 gig hdd, and another 4 gig hdd. and a 650 amd athlon processor, an old beast, but it gets me through the day. Its a linksys wireless b router pci card. I dont know much about it since im new to routers, i used a modem most of my days, but ran tight on cash. And this computer runs the router fine, but i want to run it on linux!, thank you
    is this a dream