Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What happened with AO?

Originally posted here by aeallison
    Then they must have trimmed the fat. I remember when JP still owned AO that there was a really big deal when the user base reached 100,000. I tried to search for the actual thread where JP announced this, but was unable to find it. I have never been very good at finding old threads since JM purchased this site. Maybe they are in an archive that our standard search can't use?
    Maybe it didn't happen because AO never really hit 100k actual members? I seem to recall there being some iffiness with the validity of the stats of AO when JP was trying to sell it, as well as some kind of legal dispute between him and Jupiter Media based on said numbers. From what the posts and IRC conversations I saw said, it sounded like JP was creating fictional users to up the user count in a cash grab effort, as well as claiming traffic amounts they didn't see when they took it over. It's all old BS, and pretty much irrelevant now.

<edit> I am also curious how Ladybug got so many APs from 40 posts. It had to be an alliance thing :P </edit>
    This is directed at everyone making similar comments: Actually, she's an old-timer, and when APs were first introduced, she was actively posting. No alliance needed. Not that any of you clueless accusors bothered to look at her registration date.
    Chris Shepherd
    The Nelson-Shepherd cutoff: The point at which you realise someone is an idiot while trying to help them.
    \"Well as far as the spelling, I speak fluently both your native languages. Do you even can try spell mine ?\" -- Failed Insult
    Is your whole family retarded, or did they just catch it from you?

Ninja Code Monkey
    Ladybug rocks mah socks. She has more points with less posts because she doesn't suck like you.

And if you really want to see a difference in post vs points, check out evil_enchilada.
    "When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes." - Erasmus
    "There is no programming language, no matter how structured, that will prevent programmers from writing bad programs." - L. Flon
    "Mischief my ass, you are an unethical moron." - chsh
    Blog of X

Maybe it didn't happen because AO never really hit 100k actual members? I seem to recall there being some iffiness with the validity of the stats of AO when JP was trying to sell it, as well as some kind of legal dispute between him and Jupiter Media based on said numbers. From what the posts and IRC conversations I saw said, it sounded like JP was creating fictional users to up the user count in a cash grab effort, as well as claiming traffic amounts they didn't see when they took it over. It's all old BS, and pretty much irrelevant now.
    Ok I knew there was some good reasons I never liked JP...

This is directed at everyone making similar comments: Actually, she's an old-timer, and when APs were first introduced, she was actively posting. No alliance needed. Not that any of you clueless accusors bothered to look at her registration date.
    Hmmm, did someone step on yer tail? I edited my post suggesting an alliance, I kinda figured that the little { :P } at the end of my post would be construed as a joke... So I added { j/k } to the end of that for our more sensitive members.

Ladybug rocks mah socks. She has more points with less posts because she doesn't suck like you.
    Care to elaborate, mate?
    I have a question; are you the bug, or the windshield?

Originally posted here by aeallison
    Hmmm, did someone step on yer tail? I edited my post suggesting an alliance, I kinda figured that the little { :P } at the end of my post would be construed as a joke... So I added { j/k } to the end of that for our more sensitive members.
    If it wasn't a real issue with you, why mention it? I mean really, there's funny, and then there's stupid. You're not funny.
    Chris Shepherd
    The Nelson-Shepherd cutoff: The point at which you realise someone is an idiot while trying to help them.
    \"Well as far as the spelling, I speak fluently both your native languages. Do you even can try spell mine ?\" -- Failed Insult
    Is your whole family retarded, or did they just catch it from you?

Ok lets be adults here and not turn this thread into a flamewar. To you I may be un-funny, or stupid. I will remember that.

Peace out...
    I have a question; are you the bug, or the windshield?

Banned
    Sup chsh, Juridian...long time no see!! Where you guys hide nowdays?
    How are the munchkins? I got one of my own now...and he won't stop crying..lol
    welp!
    As far as the AP, who knows and who cares about green little balls? I always thought they weren't good for anything, it only makes ppl fight.

She missed your subtle attempts at trying to pick her up....
    Jesus, you just find everything , don't you, i can't remember posting that ! or ever posting to her ! oh well !
    O.G at A.O

Computer Forensics
    Originally posted here by LadyBug
    Sup chsh, Juridian...long time no see!! Where you guys hide nowdays?
    How are the munchkins? I got one of my own now...and he won't stop crying..lol
    welp!
    As far as the AP, who knows and who cares about green little balls? I always thought they weren't good for anything, it only makes ppl fight.
    Where's the love? you don't call, you don't write...I'm beginning to feel unappreciated. pm me and I'll tell you where they hang out.
    Antionline in a nutshell
    \"You\'re putting the fate of the world in the hands of a bunch of idiots I wouldn\'t trust with a potato gun\"

Trust your Technolust

And those people like me, who just go through the posts and resist to comment on them
    God is Love

Today, this is where the user count stands:

Total Users: 93597
    Staff: 10
    Regular Users: 59567
    Banned Users: 521
    Other: 33499

'other' mostly means users who've registered but haven't completed their account activation.

I'll make this info available in a regularly updated way for you guys soon ... the stats page just keeps getting pushed down on my to-do list.

- h
    I'm not mean. You're just a sissy.