Another Legend leaves Earth
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Another Legend leaves Earth

Another Legend leaves Earth

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...mu/obit_ramone

I put this in here because every thread about The Ramones seems to end up here anyway. To be honest the way I feel right now I don't give a ****.

BS, EnCE, ACE, Cellebrite 11001001's Avatar
    Just West of Beantown, though nobody from Beantown actually calls it "Beantown."
    Code:
               _______
              / _____ \
             |         |
             |         |
             | _______ |
             |  _      |
             | | | |   |
             | | | |__ |
             | | | |  ||
             | |_| |  ||
             |         |
             |         |
             |  _____  |
              \       /
               \  _  /
                |   |
                |   |
                (===)
                 |||
                 | |
                 |||
               ` | |
              `  | | '
            `    |||    '
             `  \ | / '
    ===============================
               (   o )
                \o   \
                  \ o \
                    \ /
                     U
    That's Officer 11001001 to you...
    Now you see me | Now you don't
    "Relax, Bender; It was just a dream. There's no such thing as two." ~ Fry
    sometimes my computer goes down on me

Banned
    Saw it this morning on CNN

All there's left now is Tommy, Richie, Marky (all drummers...) and CJ...

It blows. Motley Crew still has everyone in the band alive, and Michael Jackson is still running around, but the Ramones are dying

This has me pretty upset. The Ramones are one of the few bands on Earth to have influenced as many people as they have, including me.

The Misfits are good friends with them, and the Drummer plays with them as part of the band now. I'm sure they will have a tribute somehow soon.

Its sad to see the Ramones slowly fade away, but honestly with the lifestyle the yled it was well expected. Gore take this as a wakeup call, Punk is living in the glory of the past, we can talk about the Ramones or Sub-Humans or whoever bt the fact is not much new and interesting has come from punk into mainstream (except for that poppunk crap, greenday and what not)....perhaps insted of lamenting the past those of you young enough to do it ought to shake the pillers of the establishment (Rock/entertainment/society/whatever) again....perhaps this time we won't let ****wits like the Sex Pistoles derail the revolution before it begins with there greed
    Who is more trustworthy then all of the gurus or Buddha’s?

I won't change the life style, I enjoy it too much. There is still hope. NOFX haven't given up, The Misfits are still here, all of them, Danzig is still around. Hell even Iggy Pop is still around. Anti-Flag, Leftover Crack, INDK, there are still new bands that don't suck

None of it needs to be in the main stream, it was never intended to be there. Even though The Misfits Prject 1950 album is fairly mainstream, because it's AWESOME and everyone knows it

I'll shake the pillars, the walls, the censors, and the World. Anyone who has ever heard me play, or read lyrics I've written knows, I'm taking over.

NP: Lords of Acid - Lords of Acid VS Detroit. I just got this. Very good album, and has a lot to do with Punk, as all of the people in LOA love punk. Negative and me have a great musical common interest.

RIP, and live forever Ramones.

It's awesome gore and everyone knows it ? I don't even know who the misfits are lol ....

/me looking on google now

*Stands in the corner and faces the wall*

I was going to jump in and defend punk but Gore said it. Punk lives on, LOA is good **** and so are some local bands like The Mansfields who I have touted here before. Probably depends on your geo-location too as to the local exposure. **** yeah everyone like the Mansfield, you don't run into ANYONE who says they suck.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Boy, are you people gonna be pissed off and depressed when I slide off this mortal coil.....
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Yeah It'll End in Tears.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.