Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Another Legend leaves Earth

Tiger, you remind me of one of those old ass Republicans who thinks everything sucks, and likes to say "Well that's the way the World works" when it doesn't unless you let it. Which reminds me, I now am working two jobs, and going to college full time. Last time you and me went at it you said how I don't do things that really mean anything.

I don't think I have to worry about you sliding off anything, as that "coil" seems to be firmly screwed into your ass.

So how is stuff in the Big D ? The Weather has been beautiful, but today it's getting a little to warm for my taste.

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Tiger, you remind me of one of those old ass Republicans who thinks everything sucks, and likes to say "Well that's the way the World works" when it doesn't unless you let it. Which reminds me, I now am working two jobs, and going to college full time. Last time you and me went at it you said how I don't do things that really mean anything.
    Old assed..... Yep
    Republican.... Not allowed to vote.... But I wouldn't be voting for nader or kerry....
    The world works in ways individuals can't change.... Unless they have the power.... You and I will never have that power.
    Those "things" mean something to you..... You can never expect them to mean anything to everyone or we would all be zombies....
    Glad to hear you are making some cash and working on studies too.... Good on yer... Thought you had been a tad quiet here recently.....

As to the weather.... It's been perfect English summer weather.... great for sleeping, great for working, not too hot not, too cold.... But it's always perfect weather for beer.....

As to coils and asses..... The day I meet anyone that can put anything up my ass I will happily slide down the coil......
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

THere was an album, It'll End in Tears by a project called Mortal Coil. Their music is dark and frankly depressing. Guess I read too much into that. I was a stoned and dreamed the entire thing up????
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

common guys, look at the groups gore named most of them are going to be shiped off to old folks homes in a few years, the rest are regional bands,dammit its time to start kicking down some doors. Punk was about shakeing up a stae culture (both in society and in rock itself) its not good that punk itself is getting stale
    Who is more trustworthy then all of the gurus or Buddha’s?

I prefer emo anyway.

punk is a music form, there are bands shaking up the state in other forms. Heck they are making their own, but its not getting the attention "punk" did. Let me find a few off the top of my head.... Rage Against the Machine, Rorschach Test, KMFDM, ICE-T and a couple more that I won't mention since you'll think I am psyco. Here is a line from Rorschach test one of my favorites ....

Salute the men in blue who protect your life and mine
    Night stick swinging closet sadomasochistic swine
    Where were you on the day our childhood died
    Were you polishing your guns?
    Looks like you weren't the only ones

You say you come in peace
    We say peace minus one
    Peace minus one
    We say make war, **** love
    A salute to the fallen youth who have died on the cross of our neglect
    Programmed and desensitized to kill all the reject
    And the news shows the clip a thousand times
    And still has the balls to ask the question why
    To serve and to protect
    you say you come in peace
    Destroy our self respect
    we say peace minus one
    To rape and to degrade
    peace minus one
    Run from the war you've made
    We say make war **** love
    We say peace minus one
    Fourteen year olds have guns
    They say make war **** love
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

Damm good bands all, but rage is dead and gone, KMFDM is irelivent now, and ICE-T is too busy playing a cop on TV. Last I heard Rorschach Test was still alaive and kicking but I haven't heard from them for a bit......I is good to see that the ex lead of Rage is back doing solo stuff at least, check out the tribute to f9/11 cd.....hes working with Reznor..now that is a trip.

er0k
    zach de la rocha lead singer of rage, you speaking of him?

or tom morello, the lead guitarist. tom morello would be more likely as he has a degree in poli sci from harvard

The chaps from Rage formed another band it's very good. **** what is the name.... they teamed up with the ex Soundgarden singer and formed... AudioSlave, thats it. Zach wanted to go solo and anounced an album I haven't seen or heard yet. I only really like a couple of Rage tunes. Guerilla Radio gets a place on my CD player though... KMFDM released a decent project not too long ago, last year? They have some more in them.

Reznor is due to release something this year or next.

\\EDIT How WTF is it that ICE T plays a cop after the VERY controversial, and decent album, "Cop Killer"???? That's like Metallica singing Master Of Puppets and Scorched and **** like that then SUING Napster for their contribution to anarchy in the form of P2P. Crazy.
    West of House

zach de la rocha was they guy, coudn't rember his name, i guess his solo album is comeing out, but he released a song from it on the tribute to farinhite 9/11 cd. His album is being produced by trent.