cyberstalking
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: cyberstalking

cyberstalking

Is there anyway I could tell if someone was looking at me?

I have a feeling i am being Cyberstalked but as I am new to this I'm unsure where to look and what to do.

Anyone help?

Kittenwithabite

Care to elaborate? Why do you have that feeling?

everytime i log on they there, tried using another identitiy but always seems they know its me...like i said im beginner freaking me out a little

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    What is giving you this feeling of cyberstalking?

Depending on how "interested" the party is, you may or may not really be able to detect someone "stalking" you. One way would be to check for trojans or keyloggers on your system (I'm assuming you are on a Windows machine). Tools like AntiVirus (e.g., Nortons, McAfee, etc.) and TheCleaner can be helpful at detecting these. You can also use http://housecall.trendmicro.com as a free online Anti-virus scanner to detect any malicious activity.

Additionally, limit who you talk to online and ensure that you're activity is random (that is, don't go on and chat every night exactly at 6:00 pm). Vary your schedule. More likely to catch the activity.

Lastly, if you do suspect someone "stalking" you keep in mind that some states have laws against this and you should consider at some point going to the police, particularly if you do get some evidence that supports this. Bringing it up with your ISP also will help as they might be able to put in some "blocks" to prevent further activities of the "stalker".
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Log on to what?

Usually the net. I am always contacted via my e-mail i now have a lot of accounts. It started when I went onto Messenger have not been on since

So what you're saying is anytime you connect to the Internet, you receive an e-mail from this person?

Give us all the details you can.

I a little 'green' when it comes to computers, I used somebody to 'fix' my pc when I had problems. Since then I have found that everytime I go on line I receive an e mail from them even though i have not given them my e mail address. They did put on my pc Messenger 6.2 have used this to chat to friends. I am a totall novice and a little concered maybe overreating but think not

So lets see if we have this right, the person that is stalking you has had physical access to you computer, is that right. If that's the case I suspect either a keylogger or some kind of backdoor/remote control program. Do you have any protection systems installed (antivirus, firewall, etc)

Cheers:
    DjM

Hmm if somebody helped you 'fix' the computer... chances are there's a trojan that sends an ICQ message or conenct to an IRC room whenever you connect to the Internet [either dial-up or computer reboots or whatnot]. There are, indeed, a number of things you could do to check for these things, and by far the easiest would be the HouseCall online virus scanner.
    /\\