Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: cyberstalking

What kind of content do these particular e-mails you're receiving usually have?

I have a firewall and antivirus installed..hypronix where can i get HouseCall online virus scanner??

need spoon feeding here

DjM yes they have had contact with my pc

If they have had contact with your computer, I wouldn't trust anything on the system. Is doing a re-format and re-install out of the question?

Cheers:
    DjM

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    As they say they are green at the IT part of life.

I suggest you take the little beige box to a PC repair shop, a large national chain for best anonymity [sp] for a complete fresh install.

Tell them you want it stripped bare, re-partitioned and THEN the OS re-installing.

If cost is an issue, then at the very least you have to implement SOME of what has been advised here.

IS there someone else [trustworthy] who is PC savvy, that could do the work for you ?
    Are you THAT green that you cannot read up on advice HERE on AO, and DIY one weekend ?

[edit] trend micro = http://housecall.trendmicro.com/
    so now I'm in my SIXTIES FFS
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

Funny that no one asked... but did you ever think that maybe its just someone you contact from time to time VIA: the web on occasions who is just fooling around?

Has anyone thought maybe this person is playing just a little too noobish?

<--- |The|Retard or MsM's new kitten with a lost mitten?

Re: cyberstalking

Originally posted here by kittenwithabite
    Is there anyway I could tell if someone was looking at me?

I have a feeling i am being Cyberstalked but as I am new to this I'm unsure where to look and what to do.

Anyone help?

Kittenwithabite

That's not the tree hitting your window at night... It's my Butcher knife.

lol .. way to treat the scared and innocent gore haha lol

Ummm... People.... If the person has had physical access. Any firewall/AV/whatever has been autmatically rendered untrustworthy.

Fdisk, format, reinstallation of OS, and immediate (offline) AV and firewall installation is the only safe solution.

Hell, I'll talk ya through it if ya need. I have never trusted the large chain service places. (Former Best Buy employee.)

Definitely change your email addresses if possible, and all of your passwords.