Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What happened with AO?

What happened with AO?

I was trying to connect and it says that user xxx has reached the maximum concurrent connections.

(And it was telling me the path to the php that makes the connection to the database... )

Is AO growing too much??

The database hung up for a bit, it's all better now. I'm not entirely sure why this happens on occasion ... it's probably time to dig around and find the root cause, look for a preventive solution.

- h
    I'm not mean. You're just a sissy.

If AO is growing and more and more people are signing up (which they are) then it is a shame that there are probably no more than 50 people that post

Do we have statistics anywhere?

Guests On Now:
    Members On Now:
    Total Users On Now:

these stats are available on the front page .. as for total members .. i dunno ..

There are other (more likely IMO) reasons for such errors than ultra-rapid membership growth. Queries which result in indefinitely locked tables when certain circumstances are met, for instance.
    Chris Shepherd
    The Nelson-Shepherd cutoff: The point at which you realise someone is an idiot while trying to help them.
    \"Well as far as the spelling, I speak fluently both your native languages. Do you even can try spell mine ?\" -- Failed Insult
    Is your whole family retarded, or did they just catch it from you?

About a year or so ago the total members were over 200,000. I don't know why they quit posting it on the front page. I would like to see that again, not that it is helpful to know this number, but it was sort of interesting.
    I have a question; are you the bug, or the windshield?

it would be interesting to see how much it has grown .. and perhaps monthly growing stats .. just for interest sake

Originally posted here by fyrewall
    it would be interesting to see how much it has grown .. and perhaps monthly growing stats .. just for interest sake

I agree... but with some kind of inactive user deletion.... if not the statistics will not be realistic.

Yeah it is interesting to see on any big community site like this one. But then you have people like me who posted a bunch and then leave without warning. And then we come back to post some more lol.

PeacE
    -BoB
    #!/usr/local/bin/perl -s-- -export-a-crypto-system-sig -RSA-in-3-lines-PERL
    ($k,$n)=@ARGV;$m=unpack(H.$w,$m.\"\\0\"x$w),$_=`echo \"16do$w 2+4Oi0$d*-^1[d2%
    Sa2/d0<X+d*La1=z\\U$n%0]SX$k\"[$m*]\\EszlXx++p|dc`,s/^.|\\W//g,print pack(\'H*\'
    ,$_)while read(STDIN,$m,($w=2*$d-1+length($n||die\"$0 [-d] k n\\n\")&~1)/2)