Is Hotmail boycotting Gmail?

Thread: Is Hotmail boycotting Gmail?

Hoopy Frood

Question Is Hotmail boycotting Gmail?

This is odd. Anytime I send an e-mail from my Gmail account to my Hotmail account, Hotmail classifies it as spam and puts it in the Junk Mail folder. Now, I realize I can fix this by telling Hotmail that it's not spam, but what gets me is why is should classify my messages as spam? They were perfectly legit. One contained only the word "Firefox" in the subject and body. The second said "Hey, you coming to the game tonight?" (as a test) The third said "We need to talk, dude, you haven't been around in forever." (I was trying to make e-mails that could quite possibly be legit.) Anyone heard anything of Hotmail boycotting Gmail? Just curious.

Regards,
    Xierox
    "Personality is only ripe when a man has made the truth his own."

-- Søren Kierkegaard

They aren't boycotting it. Hotmail put's alot of letter's from some friends of mine in the Spam folder, as well as some business matters. It just doesn't know better (it's not human, it is an online mail system and does make mistakes ) from the e-mails.
    Space For Rent.. =]

Banned
    http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=262002
    this might kinda help too,yahoo too seems to block gmail,and invites

It all depends on how high the sercurity seting for the bulk mail is set. If it's on the highest setting it's going to send all mail that comes from places other than people in the address book to bulk mail. So just have the person your sending to turn down the setting to allow other e-mails.

Hoopy Frood
    Thanks everyone for the replies!
    "Personality is only ripe when a man has made the truth his own."

-- Søren Kierkegaard

No problem. Happy to find a question i could actually answear.

Both those email providerst put the gmail invites into the spam mails, simply because they're automated messages. Registering for some games, which send automated confirmation emails to you, will often end up in the junk mail folder.