Thread: Would Like Your Opinion on Assembly Editors

() \/V |\| 3 |) |3\/ |\|3G47|\/3

Would Like Your Opinion on Assembly Editors

I've been looking for a few days for the best free assembly editor. I've been using QEDITOR but I think there might be something better out there. I'm using masm32 on an XP OS and I also have some ms IDE's...just haven't used them for writing assembly. It seems like the more I look around the less I know. I'm looking for an editor with file management that can support HLA. So, my question is what editors do you use? Which do you think are the best?

If you need more info let me know. Thanks in advance.

Go Finland!
    Deviant Gallery

Elite Hacker
    sorry, I have to ask. Did you request that title or did Negative just put it in?
    /me laughs
    I've never really used assembly that much. I think when I did I either used vi, pico, or gedit to mess with it. I like vi though. peace.

You mean the custom title? I came up with it...

Go Finland!
    Deviant Gallery

I'm really hoping some of you guys who have extensive asm experience can give me some advice. Anyone who has actually used an editor other than QEDITOR for work or school I would love to know what you use and why. I know of most of the other editors out there but I am looking for first-hand experience / opinions. Keep in mind...I'm using masm. Thanks.

Go Finland!
    Deviant Gallery

I use Aedix to write assembly and C/C++.
    Well personally, I don't really see the need for something more advanced than a notepad with syntax coloring for assembly. You can create projects in it if that's an issue...Anyway, I'm not really helpful here but that's the one I use.
    The above sentences are produced by the propaganda and indoctrination of people manipulating my mind since 1987, hence, I cannot be held responsible for this post\'s content - me

www.elhalf.com

Hey, that looks pretty good. This is the kind of thing I'm looking for. Thanks!

Go Finland!
    Deviant Gallery