This is going to sound rather silly but it sprung to mind so I will mention it......

You claim you live alone, you claim you don't have surfcontrol, you claim that you "control your own internet destiny".... OK.... Here's the silly part.....

I'm wondering if delias.com isn't using SurfControl as a filter for their own web site. In reverse so to speak... It could be done and in a fashion it would work a little like URLScan but, thinking about it, it could be made to be a lot more configurable..... Maybe that is what you are encountering. You are making a request to their web site that is on their "blocked" list and SurfControl is jumping in, like it's supposed to, and resetting the connection at their server and sending you the "Access Denied" like it would if one of their users was surfing the pr0n.

OTOH, they could have it misconfigured and wrongly placed so that it interferes with normal traffic. Assuming that what your program is doing is all above board I would contact them to report it and see what they say. If they say they use SurfControl as a web filter from the outside I'd love to know.... I think it would be pretty funny.....

/me wanders over to SurfControl servers to have a play.....