Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Surf Control

Surf Control

Iv got a major problem..(for me it is)

I have created a program which I knew it is very secured, and has been loaded in my computer for years, but for some reason, just last week, when I tried to open the program, I'v got the message saying Surf Control:Access Denied in ALL CAPS letter.. I've tried my passwd but couldnt log in...

Is there anyway that I can still access the program?I was thinking on masking my IP or changing the DNS but I really dunno how does it work...

Please help!
    juicy`peanut

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Your network administrator has implemented a web filter.... It's called SurfControl.... It's blocking your access because what you are accessing is considered "not good".... You can try to get around it but it is aware and regularly updates proxies, you may get lucky, but if you were on my network and I saw the proxy use I'd be looking to get you fired.......

PS. I use SurfControl.... I love watching the users on the "real-time" monitor.....
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Can you uninstall it ? If you created it surely you must know everything about it.

I have created the program at home and this is the first time that happened to me, so nobody else can fire me/..I dunno if this is hacking already or what...I just want to recover the files that I have and make it more more more secure
    juicy`peanut

BANNED
    I may be understanding this program wrong but I see it as a web filter. How is it stopping a program from running?
    Just ask your parents for access to it if it doesn't have bad content.
    When death sleeps it dreams of you...

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Actually, Surfcontrol can monitor other protocols too but it is best known for the web filtering capability. It seems to me that what your program is doing is trying to connect to the net on a specific web site and it's either browser based so you can see the "Access Denied" screen or you are presenting the responses in some other way and can see it that way.

If you are doing this from home then there are really only two possibilities. Firstly your dad is pretty well off or is into pirating software because surfcontrol isn't cheap and there are equally effective means of providing parental control for a lot less money out there. If this is the case and the site isn't offensive in any way ask dad to unblock it.

The other option I can see is either that "home" is a dormitory of some kind or your ISP is filtering you..... Again, asking to have the site unblocked will go a long way to getting what you want.
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Hmmm,

I have created a program which I knew it is very secured, and has been loaded in my computer for years,
    Two questions:

1. What is the program?
    2. What website is it trying to access

Which leads me to ask:

How do you connect to the internet?.....direct, through a local network, through a remote network?

Remember that if you are at home and log onto a work/college network, you will be subject to the controls on that network.

I have had problems at work with "false positives" where legitimate sites caused the "keyword" filter to kick in. No problem there I just asked the admins to allow the sites.

Cheers

Its just a VC++ application for logs, have been using that program whenever I entered a shopping site to log all those transaction that I made, the time I got the problem, I was accessing Delias.com...

I have a dsl connection and I really dont have any intention in accessing any secure site, anyways, Delias.com is not secured...

PS

Firstly your dad is pretty well off or is into pirating software because surfcontrol isn't cheap and there are equally effective means of providing parental control for a lot less money out there.
    I live alone..theres no parental control on my PC

I just like to know, if I got the same message like Access Denied, what can I do to get in using the same program I used before?

thanks
    juicy`peanut

BANNED
    Is it possible that the site he is buying stuff from has put some kind of block on computers logging certain information?
    When death sleeps it dreams of you...

I would guess that the website doesn't like your software...............some don't like anonymous proxies or anonymity software, or just don't like the browser you are using.

I don't know who delias.com are, but I deal with vendors on my terms or they go to hell............same with any other organisation for that matter............I suggest that you look for a more reasonable supplier?

Cheers

EDIT: Just been there! so there must be something about your script (program)? or we are going back to my previous suggestion of a "false positive"................you seem to be talking about home grown software?

Can you access the site and browse it if you do not start this program?

/off topic...........looks like a nice site..........it is getting on towards Christmas, and her brother is due over from Alabama fairly shortly............thankyou for the link ............this is sticksville so importing something from the States would be cool?