cannot get into my computer
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: cannot get into my computer

Angry cannot get into my computer

the other day my daughter was banging away on my computer and it turned out she enabled my logo on password and i have no idea what it is i can boot to the bios and then when it goes to start up it ask's for my password and know its locked any idea how i get thru it without haveing to pay hundreds of dollars PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME

Yeah, open the box and reset the CMOS !

http://www.sysopt.com/cmospass.html

Provide your computer model, Operating System, etc, and we can provide you more help !

btw: This doesn't belong in the ' The Security Tutorials Forum " forum it belongs in the Newbie Security Questions forum, but i don't think you'll stay here for long so why care
    StreetsCrack.com Join The Best Music Social Network Online. Music downloads, promotions, forums, profile, games etc...

妯py展ght: Why? Why don't you think he will be here for long?
    Space For Rent.. =]

Maybe because he seems like the daily newbs we get in here trying to fool us into thinking they are some poor sap in distress and get us to tell them about hacking. Of course this could be a true situation but how do we know if it is or not? We dont. So I guess thats why It seems he wont be here long.

BANNED
    I can't fully understand your question but if your asking how to get past the windows login and you're on XP then try this:
    http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/
    I really can't tell if you're saying you need the bios password or the login. Good luck with it.
    When death sleeps it dreams of you...

Why ask him to open up his cabinet in the first place?I'd have suggested trying a few default passwords first:Here're a few:If it's not in here,try googling for the default bios password for your BIOS company and version no.Failing that...you can try and open up the cabinet
    http://www.dewassoc.com/support/bios/bios_password.htm

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

the other day my daughter was banging away on my computer and it turned out she enabled my logo on password and i have no idea what it is i can boot to the bios and then when it goes to start up it ask's for my password and know its locked any idea how i get thru it without haveing to pay hundreds of dollars PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME
    1. The only way to enable a BIOS logon password is by going into setup on boot...........then going into some of the advanced options...........I would not describe that as "banging away"

2. For "hundreds of dollars" I would just buy a new computer I really don't think it costs that much to reformat and re-install?

No mention of the make and model of computer, no mention of the operating system?

Seems strange to me that someone can find AntiOnline and not find the dozens of tutorials on how to reset a BIOS password?............if they have, why not tell us what they have tried already?

Doesn't sound "right" to me

Thread status is even at this time.. so a few must believe the story..

she enabled my logo on password
    is that the LOGON in windows..
    As the person was YOUR Daughter.. Remove her mobile phone , take back her keys to the Family car, threaten to spread Nude baby photo's of her around her school.. deny her further access to the PC until she tells you the password..

That is all assuming that it is YOUR PC.. If it isn't your PC.... welll.. I hope you enjoyed your Visit to AO.. Be sure to close the door on your way out..Thank You..

Cheers Smelly Undies
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

妯py展ght: Why? Why don't you think he will be here for long?
    Actually i believe the story (somewhat) and i dont really care if he's lying,why: if he want to hack someones computer he'd have to have physical access to it to reset the CMOS. So once again:

Suggestion: Follow my first post and follow the steps in the link to reset cmos and you should be good to go.

Spyder: why i said he wasnt gonna be here long? Because he looks like those member who come here just to ask a quick question and then leave !

my 2 cents.
    StreetsCrack.com Join The Best Music Social Network Online. Music downloads, promotions, forums, profile, games etc...

HELLO ALL I UNDERSTAND ALL YOUR POINTS AND I THOUGHT ABOUT IT AFTER I POSTED TO I WOULD HAVE MY RESERVES TO IF I WASNT THE PERSON WITH THE PROBLEM BUT I THANK ALL OF YOU FOR YOUR REPLYS WELL MY DAUGHTER IS ONLY FOUR SO I CANT TAKE HER PHONE AWAY YET LOL IT IS NOT THE BIOS I DO UNDERSTAND HOW TO RESET THAT I PULLED THE JUMPER OFF AND THAT RESETS THAT

THIS IS A DELL 4550

WINDOWS XP

I WILL EVEN GIVE YOU THE SERIAL NUMBER SERVICE TAG NUMBER ALL THAT GOOD JAZZ I AM NOT A NEWB TO THE INTERNET I KNOW OUT HERE SOMEWHERE I CAN FIND HELP JUST A LITTLE KNOW HOW AND ALSO IM NOT A COMPUTER TECH I KNOW A LITTLE ABOUT THEM AND I AM LEARNING LIKE I SAID A LITTLE KNOW HOW IS A GREAT THING

WHATS A CMOS