Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Running a.bin file

Running a.bin file

Hello!Iwould like to ask how a .bin file is being open.Thanks!

More info needed..

What opperating system are you using..

Windows: depends on what kind of bin file it is..
    Linux/Unix: chmod +x filename.bin ; ./filename.bin

What kind of bin file is it.. (Bios update etc, usualy needs a rom-flash util)

So please, give us more info..
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

Um, isn't a .bin file a CD image ? YOu could download ISO Buster and open the file or burn the file to a CD(as an image) and then pop the cd in!
    O.G at A.O

AO French Antique News Whore
    Bin IS a CD Image. You can burn BIN file using Nero or you can emulate the Cd-Rom with a deamon.
    -Simon \"SDK\"

or just extract the content into a folder with ISO Buster and run the setup or w/e that way !
    O.G at A.O

or just extract the content into a folder with ISO Buster and run the setup or w/e that way !
    If their a CD protection, it's wont work and god know that 99% of the CD got CD Protection!
    -Simon \"SDK\"

He asked how a bin file gets opened, he didnt ask how a Protected bin file or cd image gets opened ! And no bin or iso file i downloaded had any protection, i extract the bin file into a folder, run the setup, that won't override the serial or w/e screen but i didnt have any CD protected error never !

And wait, when he downloads a bin file, that it couldnt be protected because the bin file was created off of a original CD(most cases), if it had protection the createor of the bin file wouldnt be able to get an bin-iso file out of it in the first place ? right ?
    O.G at A.O

Easy guys.. stop ya bitching Pleeeez..And memory take it easy..
    ...your both potentialy right and potentialy Wrong..

What kind of bin file is it.. (Bios update etc, usualy needs a rom-flash util)

A bin file coulld be anything..
    Data file for .. Bios update, program source file, Game progarm data, image editing scrap, video editing scratchpad...
    and the list goes on
    IF you want to know what a bin file COULD be opened with?.. You need to have an idea as to what it could be associated with..
    As in.. What Operating System is on the box where the file is..
    IS the Bin file in a particular folder..ie associated with a program
    What size is it.. if less the 500k I doubt that it is a CD Image

You could try useing a Hexediter this will allow you to look for text in the file that MAY give you a hint as to what the file is associated with.. Then you get a hold of the associated program..

Cheers
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

Good Point Und3ertak3r!
    -Simon \"SDK\"

Hello guys it's a file I downloaded to some site. It's suppose to be a game. But when I unzipped it, it turnd out to be a bin file. The name of the game is uplink. It is some sort of a hacking simulation game. these are the files I got: uplink.bin, uplink.cue and uplink.nfo. Sorry guys If I just replied just now.