Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EUers now need to be biometric"ed"!

the beign of authority kurt_der_koenig's Avatar

EUers now need to be biometric"ed"!

Pictures and fingerprints now needed for European visitors
    http://www.usatoday.com/travel/news/...erprints_x.htm

EU asks U.S. for new delays for biometric passports
    http://www.usatoday.com/travel/news/...assports_x.htm

WASHINGTON (AFP) — Europeans who are allowed to travel to the United States without a visa will from Thursday have to give fingerprints and have a photo taken when they arrive at U.S. airports and ports.
    SCHEVENINGEN, the Netherlands (AFP) — The European Union asked the United States on Thursday for a new delay in the implementation of biometric passport regulations, saying its member states would not be ready in time.
    WTF! Thats all we need! For people to hate us even more and make a national database of everyone in the world! Sounds like "Big Brother" is grabbing hold as we speak!

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Doesn't the EU have some privacy laws? Wouldn't this violate them? I know that's been one of the biggest issues for Canadians, especially since the US only requested the fingerprints of those not "naturally" born in Canada (those that became citizens after moving to Canada). Because of Privacy Laws, I believe this was sorta quashed (but hard to tell since Canadians are more concerned about the lack of hockey than being fingerprinted!)

Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Originally posted here by MsMittens
    Canadians are more concerned about the lack of hockey than being fingerprinted!)

WHAT ! ! ! NO HOCKEY ! ! !
    DjM

Doesn't the EU have some privacy laws?...
    Umm maybe..but when does Bushy and his regime care! Thats the problem right there.

Canadians are more concerned about the lack of hockey...
    hehe Gotta love that game

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    WHAT ! ! ! NO HOCKEY ! ! !
    Duh! Lockout!
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Duh! Lockout!

NEXT YOUR GOING TO TELL ME THERE IS A 52% TAX ON OUR BEER ! ! ! ! AAAHHHHH
    DjM

NEXT YOUR GOING TO TELL ME THERE IS A 52% TAX ON OUR BEER ! ! ! ! AAAHHHHH
    wrong thread man:: http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=262615

How does EU privacy apply to US ports?
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

Doesn't the EU have some privacy laws? Wouldn't this violate them? I know that's been one of the biggest issues for Canadians, especially since the US only requested the fingerprints of those not "naturally" born in Canada (those that became citizens after moving to Canada). Because of Privacy Laws, I believe this was sorta quashed (but hard to tell since Canadians are more concerned about the lack of hockey than being fingerprinted!)
    So you are saying that the U.S. does not have the right to positively identify individuals seeking to enter this country? And why should the U.S. carry about EU privacy laws, they have absolutely no jurisdiction or authority on American soil. If a U.S. citizen in a European country commits a crime and is caught by the foreign nation, then that nation has legal jurisdiction to prosecute that individual for breaking the law. The exception is if the U.S. asks for the individual to be expideted for prosecution under U.S. law. The U.S. has the same jurisdiction over visitors to our country. If Germany decided to start asking for fingerprints of foreign visitors, we would have a simple set of choices: Be finger printed, visit some other country, or stay in the good ole USA.
    The mentally handicaped are persecuted in this great country, and I say rightfully so! These people are NUTS!!!!

I suspose that the next thing will be that all americains will need new biometric passports to travel either that or they will fingerprint you to make sure you are who you say.
    Reminds me of my brother flying from Ireland to I think it might have been Japan. He is in the merchant navy so he flys a lot to get to his ships. His story went like this.
    The first leg of his journey brought him to I think newyork where he was to get another flight. So just a typical transfert stop over. Unfortunately there is no international waiting area in a lot of Americain airports so he had to go through customs.
    custom officer : Why do you want to enter the US.
    him : I dont.
    CO: what?
    H : I dont want to enter the US.
    CO : Why do want to enter the US. (obiviously a forgiener and might not have understood the question).
    H : I dont.
    CO : What do you mean you dont want to enter the US?
    H : Well I am just here to get the next leg of my journey and there is no international transfert lounge so I have to collect my baggage, go through customs and wait for the next leg of my flight in the airport for about three hours.
    CO : Oh! Well Why do you want to enter the US.
    H: Fu*k it. buissness.
    CO : Ok you may pass.
    Makes for great security.
    The thing that is unfortunate is Americain society seems to be living in a enviroment of fear and the administration seems to be fueling it.
    \"America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.\"
    \"The reason we are so pleased to find other people\'s secrets is that it distracts public attention from our own.\"
    Oscar Wilde(1854-1900)